We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

20 year return but where to stay

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
20 year return but where to stay

So...... next June is our 20th wedding anniversary and we honeymooned in Elounda. To mark this special anniversary we thought we would come back for a visit and to reminisce but after reading loads of reviews I am still not sure where to stay. Would prefer self catering apartments, but are there any with 2 bedrooms as son may want to tag along.

We have been half way round the world and back since we got married but I am SO excited about seeing Elounda again.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

hiya chrissy,

you do realise you could get less for murder these days lol.

where in elounda would you like to stay??????

there is a place that i havent stayed at, but it has one 2 bedroomed apartment. its called janets, just off the main square , no pool, no bar, but looks very nice. a place i have just come back from that does have bar and pool is the manos apartments, which is heading out of elounda towards plaka. its roughly around 6 or 7 mins walk to the main square and is on the flat. its across the road from a man made beach, and has an abbundance of very good restaurants, either side. they deffo have 2 bedroomed apartments, which i looked at 3 weeks ago, and i must admit i thought the rooms were quite small compared to the 1 bed apt we had (which also had a bed in the kitchen part, plus massive bathroom) the prob with the manos is that you can only book through thomsons (or last choice, whatever they call themselves now) and i think its quite expensive esp if going from cardiff. you could however book acc only and book easyjet from bristol (flights are now available) the manos is a basic greek acc, but the staff are fab, rooms are spotless (room 20 we had is massive and towards the back and very quiet, and overlooks janets that i was on about) the bar serves food from 9am till 5pm and the pool is kept spotless.

another place i have looked at but not stayed is dimitris steak house, they have 2 2 bedroomed apts above the restaurant in the square, and they charge 45 euro per night, ob no pool, but great food and drink downstairs, and you can email from the comp, i think yanni is taking over more of that side now.

sorry i cant be of any more help, as have only stayed at the manos,

the acc in dimitris looks lovely, and they actually have double beds, a nice fitted kitchen a small bath with shower over, and a nice balcony looking into the square. i only know because a friend of mine stays every year and we went up for a nosey, and the reason we dont book is coz they are always there for a month in sept when we go.

hope some of this helps and good luck with your search

dawn

Scotland
Level Contributor
235 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

Hi

We are also returning to Elounda to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary in July and are staying at the Portobello Apartments on the beachfront. They have 1 bed apts to sleep up to 4 people and Corali Apts next door have studios to sleep 2. They are run by same family who have been very helpful while booking. They can't be booket through travel agent but we have just booked flights with easy jet and booked apts seperately.

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

Hi both thanks for your suggestions I will have a look at them.

Dawn to be honest I dont think I mind the location, we were on the Causeway last time and didnt mind the walk to the square though of course we were a lot younger lol ! Think we would prefer somewhere that has a pool and a bar.

In relation to Manos and Thomsons I usually prefer to book flights/accomodation seperately but will consider a 'package' as I have a voucher from them following some issues I experienced on a recent long haul holiday.

Congrats Scotia, great minds and all that.

I love researching and planning my holidays so please be patient with all the questions I may ask :-)

swansea
Level Contributor
125 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

we have been returning to elounda for 5 years. we stay with george in his complex called MILOS. it is 5 mins from square. you contact him direct then book your flights with easyjet from bristol. we stay in a 2 bed 2 floored windmill. it is amazing. he has a pool bar which provides day time food as well, we have made some fantastic friends over the years, mainly scots and welsh. any more info let me know

Level Contributor
490 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

oh wow thomc that sounds amazing will do a search and have a look, I am getting more and more excited by the minute!

Chester
Level Contributor
2,285 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

Hi,

any more details on Milos as I am struggling to find it complex in trip advisor.

Keith.

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

If you are looking for a "complex" you will be disappointed in Milos. They are very nice apartments, with a pool and pool bar. They are run by lovely people and are clean and well-cared for but they are not a "complex" in the luxury hotel sense.

You can read more about the apartments and also the Delfinia, also owned by George, on http://www.eloundaweb.gr/pages.asp?cust=17 or http://www.pediaditis.gr/milos.html . We used to stay at the Delfinia and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if you are looking for simple accommodation at reasonable prices.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 14:47
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

HIONA APARTMENTS, on the causeway booking tomorrow for forth year. Brill area and brill family and friends that run it, you will not be disappointed. Apartments are basic, but the two bedroom apartments have 3 balconies and you have loads of room. Good luck in your choice.xx

CO.DOWN
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

I believe the Sunrise apartments next door to the Hiona have 2 bed aparts: Check out their web site. Zeezee will be able to confirm this i think. Hiona can only be booked through Thomas Cook.

Edited: 12 October 2012, 22:10
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 20 year return but where to stay

Yea sunrise are lovely as well. Yes you can only book Hiona through Thomas Cook , I just booked for next year and hour ago.lol