We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manos apartments Elounda

Beddau, Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Manos apartments Elounda

Does anyone know if the Studios are situated at the front or back of the hotel. We would not want to book if we were opposite or too near to the bar , we prefer earlier nights and mornings. Unfortunately tour operators will not tell you which room or part of the hotel you will be staying in. If anyone can give me some advise as to what room numbers the studios are that would be helpful as I have seen from other reviews that the higher the room number the furthur back you are i.e rooms 20 - 29 are at back , 2 and 3 at front.Your views would be greatly appreciatted.

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manos apartments Elounda

hiya,

rooms at the back from 20 to 29 are mostly one and 2 bedded apartments, but there is a row from around 9 to 19 that are a mixture of studios and one bedded. can you not ask for a room away from the bar when you book the room?

we always go in a one bed apt and have requested room 20, and we have always had it. Room 19 is a studio and it is at the very end before you hit the back of the apartments.

im sure if you request a room as far away from the bar as possible, larraine will do everything that she can for you.

I do have to say tho that whenever we have been (mid sept) the bar isnt that busy or noisy of an evening.

good luck and i hope you get sorted

dawn

Beddau, Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manos apartments Elounda

Thanks for getting back so soon . I will probably fax the apartments closer to the time we go ( end of June ) and see what they can do. We usually book our holidays direct with hotels/apartments and fly from Cardiff or Bristol , booking a car for the whole holiday. With flights so expensive to Crete from Cardiff or Bristol its hardly worth going independent , and , with us living just 20 minutes away, Thomson have excellent times from Cardiff. If we do end up near the bar, and its a little noisy, then it will have to be a few extra bottles Mythos !

If you ever plan to go to the Rethynmon area we would recommend the MARVA apartments in Platanias ( Rethynmon not Chania ).Brilliant location , a short walk from everything and a pool area just perfect. Its as good as they say on the reviews. Car Hire , we always book with Auto-europe.They only use reputable companies ( Herts/Europacar/Avis etc. )and will always match lower prices with same companies. Last year we paid £168 for a 4 dr Hyundai with A/C for 2 weeks. Other years , when their prices have gone down after we had booked , they reduced ours and sent a refund. Couldnt fault that. Finally, if you ever need a hotel for a stop-over in Heraklion go to the Sofia hotel. Lovely, spotlessly clean,small pool ,5minutes from airport , quiet , B&B 55euros a night. Staff extremely helpful. Thanks again for your help.

Dave

Milford Haven...
Level Contributor
449 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manos apartments Elounda

hiya dave,

thanks for that. very informative indeed.

just a word of advice. i tried to request a room for a fellow tripadvisor for next august and when i spoke to larraine the mgr at the manos she advised that she cant possibly take verble or faxed requests as all requests need to go through thomsons.

you have missed it for next june, but i got a cracking deal for next may. i booked easyjet when they relesed april to june and got 11 nights from bristol sat am flight and wed pm flight back basically giving us 12 days with pre allocated seats and 1 suitcase for 361 quid for the 2 of us, altho not staying at manos on that trip booked ag nic a place where we have stayed before. costing 587 quid for 2 of us bargain.that is flights and accommodation.

now waiting for mid sept flights to be relesed. coz we wanna go bk to manos, and we can book the room only option for 600 quid for 2 wks for 1 bed apt and hopefully flights if we get em will be under 400 quid. saving around 300 quid if we book thru thomsons for flights and acc.

you will love the manos and elounda and as you are gunna be driving you will have a fab time.

rob and i do not drive, so use public transport all the time,and plaka, ag nic, kritsa and neapoli are all musts.very easily done with a car, and the manos has got parking at the front. if i can help you in any way please ask, our destination expert for this area is mg100. and she will help you with all your questions regarding car hire, best beaches etc etc etc. i can only help with food and drink im afraid, more drink than food if im honest lol.

good job you wernt at the manos when we were there, a couple got married a few doors down from us, and there were about 6 rms for the wedding party, and loads of others staying in other places in elounda, well the manos has a weekly bbq (subject to people wanting it) anyway they all booked aroung 40 of them, from what i believe they were there till around 5am and that is when you do not want a room facing the bar. aparantly it was mad, we didn't know a thing about it.

usually its not busy at all at the bar of a night, i only know at diff times going out and coming in, and its always quiet.

if you do stay at manos the best supermarket is out of manos to the left el greco. very friendly, and nice restaurants after that too. could talk about it all night, but depends what you like, and i can fill you in.

hope some of this has been of help to you.

regards,

dawn

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manos apartments Elounda

Hi David and Helen,

I noticed your comments about flights, and don't know if this will help: there is a new budget airline starting in February called Hellasairlines. You can find their website now, and I believe you will be able to make flight bookings from December...(http://www.en-gb.flyhellasairlines.com/)

They will be operating from another airport in Greece (Volos I think if my memory serves) and have the new airbus 320. Their proposed costs are a lot cheaper, but they only fly from London at the time of writing - may be worth checking them out pricewise to see if they can come up with the goods!

Good Luck and see you 2013!

Eklektos (John & Lynne McDonald)

5. Re: Manos apartments Elounda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations