We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Shops

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Shops

Are there any baby shops in Elounda. Will be a gran when i come on holiday this year and will want to buy some things from Elounda.xx

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Shops

Hi zeezee54. TBH I can't remember if there are any specific shops for babies/children in Elounda but have noticed clothes etc on sale for them in other 'general' clothes shops.

I would have though that Ag. Nic. would be better for that kind of shopping.

FWIW......What I did notice was that the prices of baby stuff in Greece is way, way more expensive than in the UK.

More than once on the Greek islands, I have commented that IF I hired a large van and took the Tescos children range out there, I would make a fortune lol! :O) :O)

PS Many Congratulations.......I have 7 now and never seem to stop buying stuff!

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
100 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Shops

hi there no specific baby shops in elounda as cretaholic said ag nic best bet or going to heraklion but from what i have seen when we were looking for our grandchild very expensive

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Shops

Hi

Congratulations...how exciting:-)

I cant remember seeing any in Elounda, but there definately a couple in Agios - but as cretaholic says the baby clothes are far more expensive in Greece, I have brought baby clothes in the uk and posted them off to Crete for my friends grandchildren :-)

I am going to be surrogate grandma in 7 weeks ....so looking forward to welcoming my little Grandson to the world :-)...off to Crete in April so I am sure that I will also be buying present for the baby too..:-)

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Shops

Hi again..........Have just remembered that when one of the g-children was born and we were in Greece,, we bought a tiny silver bangle from an ordinary jewellery shop instead of clothes.

I don't know if this helps (and it is easier if it is a girl) but it is something to consider.

I think there must also be suitable gifts for boys in these shops. :O) :O)

Edited: 26 January 2013, 17:01
Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Shops

.AND................... lolololol ( you have got me thinking now) you can always pick up lovely mobiles, cuddly toys and window decorations from the ordinary shops that would be suitable as a gift for a newborn. :O) :O)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Shops

Thanks all, might just pack my cases with baby clothes from matalan and tesco and have a market stall, maybe pay for another holiday in Elounda. The idea of a silver bangle, if a girl is a good idea. Thank you all for help and good wishes.

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baby Shops

Dependent on the name of course, you could perhaps get a 'thing' with the baby's name on it in Greek.

I say dependent as thankfully there are no Greek versions of some names, like Darren for instance.

I'm thinking of a hand painted name plate etc.

Darren.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,388 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baby Shops

LOL sounds like a good idea zeezee54.....:-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Baby Shops

There are always stalls in the markets in Elounda and Ag Nic. which sell good quality baby and toddler clothes, and you can usually find something different to the outfits found in Britain.

10. Re: Baby Shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Elounda