We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooters

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
scooters

Can anyone tell me how much it would be to hire a scooter for a few days and do they supply helmets. Is it safe to go by scooter to Plaka.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,897 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: scooters

Hi zeezee54,

I haven't a clue!!

However please check your travel insurance as most do not cover you for accidents when using scooters or quads. The insurance that the hire firm give you covers damage to the bike and anyone you hit but do not cover you.

If you had an accident could you afford emergency travel home etc.?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: scooters

Thank you thats my mind made up def not getting a scooter.lol

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,903 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: scooters

If you don't want to walk to Plaka, you can always use the local bus, which runs from the main square, where you will find the timetable

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,683 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: scooters

>Thank you thats my mind made up def not getting a scooter.lol<

That's a sensible decision, Zeezee. I've seen some very nasty scooter accidents over the years. Even if you could get insured (and it would be an expensive add-on to your holiday insurance) what's the point of ruining your holiday by getting hurt?

Plaka is easy to visit by bus from Elounda, as Debs says.

5. Re: scooters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Elounda