We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gateshead, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi returning to elounda again but not booked a package holiday this time. so need to get from airport to elounda quickly but cheaply. Does anyone recommend a taxi co or service , will be for May 2013 there and back ?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,620 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi there

Well the cheapest way would be to catch the bus from the airport to Agios and then a further bus into Elounda, or you could book with one of the transfer companies A2B etc etc, the most expensive way would be to book a taxi to Elounda, if you did want to book a taxi then you could ask your accomodation to book a taxi for you, so that you can agree a price before.

Have you thought about hiring a car?? a cheap way to get from the airport you are looking around 25 euros per day to hire a car, and of course it will also give you easy access to some of the beauitful places around Elounda too..:-)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi there

Yes, a rented car is the way to go. The one way cab fare to Elounda is about €70 so return ride is about €140, and that would pay for 6-7 days car hire and solve the issue of getting to and from the airport.

The other option is as MG suggests, check out the dedicated transfer companies, just Google for them, there's A2B, Transfers4U, ResortHoppa and others. But they charge per person so you'd have to do the sums.

Manchester
Level Contributor
683 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

We found that most hire firms won't do a one day hire from airport to resort and one back for the return.

The last couple of years we have used a taxi service that our accommodation, the Olive Grove Apts, recommend and it was great. Yes it's not cheap but as we have a couple of drinks at airport and on the plane coming out, it's essential.

Heard mixed reactions to resorthopper.

Search back on here for all this being discussed before.

DA

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi we have booked travel republic for our holiday in june. It was £24.00 return for 2 people which is a really good price. We have used these lots of times in different places and they have always been fine !!!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

That is a great price SueBri, is that from airport to Elounda? Can only speak as we have found and have never had any issues with ResortHoppa.

england
Level Contributor
112 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

We arrive at the airport at 2.30 pm and dont leave till midnight on return so we will have plenty of time and i think we are going to book Resort hoppa this time as opposed to taxis so i will watch this post with interest .Be nice to save approx 100 euros

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

GB yes its from airport to Elounda ,the exact price was £26.50 including cc charge.We boooked a few wees ago and they may have had an offer on.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Great deal for sure

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi, Got myself in a pickle. booked a flight to chania and a hotel in Elounda. Trying to change flight, agent promises to ring back never does. Quotes for Taxi/shuttle is 700 eur. you say £70.00 am I misunderstanding? Don't really want to drive myself. Can you help

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to elounda taxi service ?

Hi Chriso231, and welcome to the forums,

Firstly, have you booked with onthebeach?

If so, unfortunately there have been many stories about OTB taking bookings with flights into Chania airport and accommodation a long way away. To put it into perspective, there are 2 airports in Crete, Chania (in the west) and Heraklion (in the centre).From Chania airport to Heraklion airport is about 120km, and from Heraklion airport to Elounda is a further 70km. So you are looking at a transfer of 120 miles or so. I'm afraid that the prices above are from Heraklion airport.

If I were you, assuming you have booked flights and accommodation with the same company, I would complain to them that you weren't told of the distances involved and try to change your accommodation.

If that isn't applicable, I think your only option is to stay a night or 2 in Chania and get the bus to Elounda. It's quite easy but a bit long-winded:

Airport - Chania:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Chania - Heraklion (3rd one down):

Heraklion-Agios Nikolaos (2nd one down):

and Ag. Nik - Elounda (5th one down):

All of these timetables will update as the season progresses, so these are the minimum services to expect.

I hope this helps, but I suspect it may be a bit of a shock. Please do come back with any questions, and also have a look at this thread, which I'm afraid may be a bit late for you:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189413-i424-k61…

If you do decide that car hire is for you, I think that would be a good idea - you can get it from €25-€30 per day including full insurance, straight from ( and back to) Chania airport.

Edited: 23 February 2013, 01:16