We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sea food

worcestershire
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sea food

WHO does the best sea food in Elounda ???

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sea food

HI there

I think thats very difficult to answer, as I must admit I havent had a bad meal in Elounda :-) But some of the best fish taverans I think are in the small village of Plaka, and to sit and eat a lovely meal in one of these and watch the sun go down over the island of Spinalonga is very special :-)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sea food

We are not big sea food lovers, sadly, but my in laws are and have tried many of the tavernas in Elounda, i can only recall them being disappointed once when they ordered seafood pasta, and the dish contained 1 prawn, I kid you not. I can't remember which place it was, but they must have had an off day, as friends has recommended it, having been there a few days earlier and said it had been fantastic. Sometimes tavernas have "off" days, maybe when the regular chef isn't there, or the owner?

But that will be a memorable part of your holiday, trying different tavernas, but just bear in mind that price does not alwayd reflect what you receive, some of the more expensive tavernas may not live up to the more reasonable places, just a case of trying them out.

Cockermouth, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sea food

We've been visiting Elounda since 1995 and have always loved The Olondi - fantastic food, great location / views and lovely owner and staff.

Take a look at the TripAdvisor reviews

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
406 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sea food

I really enjoyed Kanali restaurant last August, good seafood, especially the steamed mussels and excellent location. A bit on the expensive side though. I have written a review about it, you can check all reviews here:

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g189416-d2…

Enjoy!

Edited: 17 April 2013, 14:04
London, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sea food

I can't claim to know every single one of the tavernas, but can definitely echo the recommendation for the canal bar (Kanali) at the peninsula end of the causeway. We've only ever eaten lunch there, rather than dinner, but we keep returning again and again. Their seafood is always good - the squid's a real favourite.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: sea food

Thank you mg .

worcestershire
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply