We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Spinalonga

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat to Spinalonga

Hi, can anyone tell me where the best place to catch a boat to Spinalonga is? Elounda or Plaka? How do we go about getting a boat, are there a lot going and what price is it? Is there a charge for Spinalonga and is it worth seeing? (Reading The Island at the moment!)

Also which is the nicest, prettiest area to spend a couple of hours, Elounda, Plaka or Agios Nikolaos?

Thanks for any help

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
19,895 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boat to Spinalonga

Entrance to the Island itself is free for Under 18s and I am sure the guy at the boat said the boat was free for under 10s. The boat runs every half hour.

Emerald Isle
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boat to Spinalonga

Hi, We own a small apartment in Plaka. Early morning or late evening there is no more beautiful place on Crete than Plaka. Try the bus, there are buses from Plaka 9.30, 11.30, 1.30etc. approx two fifty from Agios E/W

When you come back to Plaka from Spinalongs try a meal or a drink in Haroupia (Carob tree) taverna.

The service and food is brill and the staff are something else. Make sure you say hello to Malcolm.

I am also from Ireland.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 16:08
Emerald Isle
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boat to Spinalonga

Hi, We own a small apartment in Plaka. Early morning or late evening there is no more beutiful place on Crete than Plaka. Try the bus, there are buses from Plaka 9.30, 11.30, 1.30etc.

When you come back to Plaka from Spinalongs try a meal or drink in Haroupia (Carob tree) taverna.

The service is brill and the staff are something else. Make sure you say hello to Malcom.

I am also from Ireland.

Edited: 26 August 2013, 16:10
14. Re: Boat to Spinalonga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Elounda