We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Bristol
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Don't get me wrong - I think Kaaren's is a lovely place but how come Babel was number 1 yesterday & today it's number 2. Kaaren's has had no new reviews since July 29. Just curious how the ratings work.

Manchester
Level Contributor
690 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Brilliant question.

Wouldn't be surprised if the TA police delete your post, cancel your membership, kidnap your dog and erase your credit history for daring to ask this.

DA

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Good Point.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

I'm guessing that the rating is weighted toward recent reviews, which would seem logical. Most of the recent ratings for Kaaren's have been rated 5 while a couple for Babel have been 4 & 3.

Carmarthen Wales
Destination Expert
for Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire
Level Contributor
3,204 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

restaurant ratings and how they are worked out has always been a source of amazement to me

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Hi Nice to see/hear that The Boy & Mike are still online....long time I've visited the site.. but checking stuff out because I'm on hols in Sept!!!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Hi all

Never taken too much notice of who's no 1 etc especially if you look at the number of reviews and see that many people have only ever reviewed one restaurant ! I prefer to be guided by the individuals comments and also recommendations on the forum.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

MG100surrey, any particular restaurant recommendations for Agios Nikolas?

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

Hi dolphoto

There are so many excellent restaurants in both Elounda and Agios, and in all my trips I very rarely have had a bad meal....anyway here's my recommendations for Agios, these are our favourites :

We prefer to eat meze every night so the majority of my recommendations are meze style restaurants :

Knossos: A lovely family taverna on the road into Agios - opposite the Ammoudi beach, so a lovely view across the sea…Knossos do set meze menus which is a good way to start eating this way they also have all the other traditional greek food too, good value and friendly service with a smile

Olga Taverna: again on the road that runs from Agios into Elounda opposite Havania beach, we love this taverna for a chilled out lunch after visiting this beach, has wonderful views across the sea:

Chrisofyllis; this is a meze only restaurant – so no other menu – directions, from the bridge in Agios look to your left and you will see a pizza restaurant called twins, walk up the road with the twins restaurant on your left walk up past the cinema on your right down the road and at the beach and T junction turn left, you will see Chrisofyllis which is about 4th restaurant, gets very busy at the weekends with locals

Museum: I don’t know the name of this restaurants, but this is our favourite meze restaurant, its opposite the museum in Agios , directions, from the lake with the taxi rank on your right walk up the hill (very steep) until you get to the museum the restaurant is opposite the entrance to the museum and the only restaurant here – does the most amazing meze, try the eggs with horta (wild greens) the best ever and the free pud they give you is to die for .. this restaurant is open all year round and is usually full of locals, they give you a pad with a list of meze and you tick off what you want - they are very friendly here and happy to help you.

These are just a few of our favourites :-)

9. Re: Trip Advisor restaurant ratings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations