We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparison

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Comparison

The last two years we have been to Pefkos on Rhodes which we really enjoyed, we liked that it was mainly a couples/families resort, compact and with a good selection of bars and tavernas.

Next year we will have our first holiday without kids and after a bit of research quite like the look of Elounda.

Is there any similiraties to Pefkos? By that I mean is there a good selection of bars and tavernas, enough of a variety for a two week holiday? Checking the reviews on Trip Advisor this would appear to be the case but some first hand experience would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparison

Hi Latchie . We are from Wishaw outside of Glasgow and already booked for next year 5th time, on ly 46 saturdays to go.lol

I can,t compare where you have been but think you would love Elounda. We stay at Hiona apartments which are down by the causeway, if you go on to Sunrise Apartments webside which are next door. they have a web cam and you can see . Elounda and its people are beautiful and we regard it as our second home If you look at the photos on this forum you can see what it is like. There are loads of tavernas and a few bars, my husband and i just like to laze at the pool all day but are out everynight. We now have our favourite places to eat. If you want to get in touch with me and ask some more questions please do. I am sure you would love it.

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Elounda Sunrise Apartments
Elounda Sunrise...
299 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparison

Hi there

I would say that Elounda is a bit more upmarket and cosmopolitan than Pefkos, mainly a couples' place. It has more than enough bars and restaurants to keep you occupied for a couple of weeks, as well as a great beach and views across to the Spinalonga peninsula.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
845 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparison

Hi Latchie,

Another vote for Elounda. It is a special place and we found that a lot of people are return visitors.(We've been twice with teenagers and planning return on our own next year). Roads can get busy during day with people coming for trips to Spinalonga, but quietens down by about 5pm.

Haven't been to Pefkos, so can't compare really, but friends who have visited both thought Elounda was better!

Lots of places to eat and could certainly try a different one every night for more than two weeks.

Accom to suit all budgets from self catering apartments in village itself, to 5* all inclusive on outskirts.

Nic :-)

Edited: 02 October 2013, 09:52
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparison

Thanks everyone for the help, looks like Elounda for us, just a case of choosing accomodation and going for it, if I can think of anything zeezee I'll pm you, thanks.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 20:21
Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Comparison

I have been to both places and I would say without a doubt that given the choice I would always go for Elounda. It is a much nicer place.

Totnes
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Comparison

Have to say I agree with most on this forum who prefer Elounda to Pefkos, I guess that is to be expected on an Elounda forum! Elouda is bigger with a much greater variety of tavernas and bars. It also is more of a working place with much more history than Pefkos, it'sgreat to watch the old fashioned fisherman going out each day. The only thing Elounda does not have is the quality of beach to be enjoyed at Pefkos. But in every other respect it's Elounda for me.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
127 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Comparison

Thanks again, we really enjoyed Pefkos and were worried that going elsewhere wouldn't match our expectations, we're looking forward to going to Elounda on our first holiday without kids for a long time, all your comments have been most helpful.

8. Re: Comparison

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18