We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dover, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

We are staying at the Atki Olous arriving on 28 June for two weeks and need to arrange airport transfers. I've been quoted 80 euros each way and think this is fairly steep. Is this an average price and do you have any recommendations for which reliable transfer company I should book with?

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Hi there

That is around the right price for a taxi transfer....petrol is more expensive in Crete than it is in the UK....have you considered hiring a car...cost for this is around 25 euros per day ...sorry I can't recommend one of the transfer companies as we always hire a car , but my sister has used A2b on their last trip to Agios and were pleased. With the service.

Whitley, United...
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Hi its sometimes worth dropping the hotel an email and asking do they have any special deals with local taxis.

That price seems fair as you can see from the this link.

cretataxitransfer.gr/en/destinations_rates.h…

We have only used the normal included coach transfers before for Akti but late at night arriving can be a 2hr trip.

Bristol
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Hi,

Try here www.crete-taxi.gr

I used them last year & intend tol do so again this year. They are quoting 74 euros one-way & 140 round trip.

Comfortable Mercedes car & English speaking drivers. You pay the driver when he drops you off.

Mike

Edited: 12 February 2014, 09:23
Bristol
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

I haven't used this particular firm but an alternative you might consider is a shuttle transfer such as www.resorthoppa.com

Not as quick or convenient as a private taxi obviously but if cost is your main concern & you don't mind the longer journey time, they are quoting £22.26 per person round trip. How much cheaper overall would depend on how many there are of you.

Mike

Edited: 12 February 2014, 14:45
Dover, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Thanks so much for all your advice and for confirming the price quoted is about average and what I should expect to pay. I have considered resorthoppa as the price is very good however, I was put off by the comment on their website that we may have to wait up to 1 hour before being able to board the coach and then possibly a two hour plus journey to the hotel. Price versus convenience? Undecided at the moment!

Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Hi there. I would strongly advise against using Resort Hoppa. We had to wait nearly two hours before the coach left and the transfer took nearly four hours to Elounda. And that was for a speedy transfer! We had our money refunded after we complained. A taxi will be about 80 euro but it will get you there in less than 90 mins. Your hotel or apartments will gladly organise this for you. Don't grab a taxi at the airport.

If you would like a contact for an Elounda taxi, let me know.

Yours

Tim

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

Hi there

The taxi will take no more than an hour at the most....Timmy may have travelled a couple of years ago before the completion of the Malia bypass section :-)

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

I have contacted my Hotel the Elounda Blu and they are organising a Taxi to collect us from the Airport for 90 Euro which is the same price as last year and an excellent service.

JB.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
936 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

We used Resorthoppa speedy transfer (max 4 stops) to get to Ag Nik last year and were happy with their service. The previous time we had a normal transfer bus and this took a lot longer with many more stops so the speedy transfer was well worth the extra. Comes down to how fast you need to get there - we're pretty chilled out while travelling and enjoyed spending what a taxi would have cost on our first night out!

As you said it comes down to personal choice.

Dover, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers - who would you recommend?'

The akti olous have emailed me back and confirmed price at €80 each way which appears to be about average based on what everyone has said on here. We'll be sharing return taxi with friends who are joining us part way through our holiday, and the hotel confirms it's the same price for 4 people with 4x suitcases as it is for 2 people. Although it will cost more than resorthoppa, having the hotel arrange our transfers will give us peace of mind and we get there quicker - our last day will also be more relaxed with a direct trip straight to the airport! Thanks for all your advice and have a great holiday everyone!