We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elounda - Tours around Crete

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Elounda - Tours around Crete

My brother is staying in Elounda for his honeymoon. Any tours around Crete that he can set up? He loves history and will want to explore the island and looking for recommendations!

Thanks!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

Eleni M

For some reason I can't reply to your pm. So please can I just take a minute to say that I think Santorini is a great place to go, in fact when I was looking for my May holiday it was equal between there and Skiathos. And I will hopefully go there in the future.

But because of all the sights there, I think it is much better to stay there longer than the few short hours you get if you do the day trip from Crete. But if the day trip is the only option, then I guess a few hours is better than nothing. Which I hope is what I said earlier in the thread.

I was not in any way saying that Santorini wasn't worth visiting - quite the opposite, in fact. It is justifiably popular, but deserves more than a rushed coach trip.

I hope this clears that up.

Surrey, United...
Destination Expert
for Agios Nikolaos, Elounda, Crete
Level Contributor
10,816 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

Hi Steve

We all know that your posts are always informative and balanced :-) and we appreciate your contribution to this forum keep,up the good work:-)

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

Thanks Alabastron, I've sent you a pm. And thanks MG as well.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

Hi Steve.

I am so sorry that you have been treated this way and although I have missed some of the deleted posts, I can imagine what has transpired.

Over the last couple of days, I have also noticed (with increasing dismay) a particular poster taking an unnecessarily 'strident' approach to others who offer any different opinion to their own.

It's all very sad and unpleasant.. :O( :O(

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

They decided to stay in Porto Elounda. They actually have their trip planned to go to Crete along with Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, and Istanbul. They are set with travel and hotels now. Just looking for things for them to do while there and how best to travel and get around.

Thanks for those who have offered suggestions!

46. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 11:14
Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,462 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

lizawarring, hope you have got some decent ideas out of all this.

If there is anything else you need to know, it would probably be best to start a new thread, and we will do our best to help!

48. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

49. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,321 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Elounda - Tours around Crete

it's advice ;-)