We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is The Canal Bar open yet?

London, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Looking for a bit if local knowledge, so Lynneth - probably looking at you.

We're not heading out there until June but I've just discovered that some friends will be in the area at the end of this month and into early May. I'd like to point them in the direction of the Cansl Bar, but only if it's going to be open by then.

Any idea

Thanks,

Holly.

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Hi - Kanali isn't open yet, but I'm told it will be in May. Afraid I don't have an exact date, but if your friends call in to the bookshop, I can keep them in the picture - it's a lovely walk anyway, and there's a couple of new places on the Causeway too - Rady's Bistro, and new owners at Oasis...never short of a good watering hole in Elounda :)

Eklektos

London, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Thanks Lynneth, that's really helpful. I'll point them in your direction then.

Always good to hear about new places opening - I'll look forward to giving those ones a go when we're there in June.

Much appreciated.

H.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Hi - new places on the causeway - where is Rady's Bistro? Is it brand new or in place of something else? Love to know, much appreciated.

Thanks

JHT

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Hi - new places on the causeway - where is Rady's Bistro? Is it brand new or in place of something else? Love to know, much appreciated.

Thanks

JHT

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Hi Juke,

This used to be 'Paros' (not sure of spelling) I'm told...it's almost next door to Alikes and they have done a marvelous job with it - looks spectacular. They had their opening night just last week, and the reports are good. The owner used to have another bar in Elounda several years ago the ex-pats tell me, and has come back with a vengeance!

Sorry to report that the ceramics place down near Eleman Bar has gone - it's now another veg shop...with Judith leaving for Rhodes with Manolis, Enter internet cafe has changed hands - going to be a swish Souvlaki House, but Soula the hairdresser above our shop says the owners have a place in Heraklion and it's outstanding - apparently they do some different specialties...I'll let you know! :)

Oasis was a revelation last year, with Rock n Roll Bingo, Quiz nights etc., and developed a good following. But ill health has forced Pam and George to leave - we now have Paul and his family who have a wealth of experience in the pub trade in UK...nice folks with some brilliant ideas! They're working hard and will be opening shortly.

Well, that's the latest from Elounda for now - Elounda Princess makeover isn't complete yet, but looks the business so far - I'll report when I can get in haha!

Eklektos

Cardiff
Level Contributor
91 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Everything sounds great Lynne. It's so good to hear of New businesses setting up too and the village seems definitely back on track. Where is the new bakery located we know of the ones down the side street and by the church and is the supermarket Elounda Market still closed.we tend to use the small one near Manos for carrying water but the bigger ones in the village have a larger variety of goods and fresh foods. The Souvlaki house sounds good too

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Looking forward to seeing all the new places will be there in May my 15th visit think I love it there

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Just a quick update...we had some visitors in yesterday who said that Kanali was getting ready to open and they hoped to be under way this weekend...I'll try and get a confirm, but as we are open 7 days ourselves now, it's a bit hard to get out!! If not before, I'll check this on Tuesday when I go kayaking (first time!!)

Eklektos

London, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Thank you! I'll let my friends know. Don't worry about confirming - you have lots to do for yourself and you've been really helpful as it is.

Much appreciated.

Enjoy the kayaking!

H.

New Romney, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is The Canal Bar open yet?

Hi went and had a great lunch there last week it was really good and a loverly location ,A must

Get answers to your questions about Elounda