We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selfcatering?

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Selfcatering?

We'd like to revisit Elounda, we stayed in a large hotel last time, but this time we'd like a self catering apartment near to the beach and amenities. We're not looking for deluxe, but not basic either, not worried about a pool as long as the beach is nearby. Any suggestions ?

wales
Level Contributor
326 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selfcatering?

Was in elounda last year year . stayed at residence which was too far up hill. A few people mentioned olive grove apartments. Lots of lovely restaurants there.

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selfcatering?

Thank you Danielle.

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selfcatering?

Hi lyn - I've just put a list of a few places on another thread mate...have a look at Tompson and Thomas Cook, they list some places there, and you can always find them and ask directly - some have seperaste 'private' lets they do outside of the tour operators. Also, there's the MARIN Apartments. They are just near the children's playground, opposite the beach. In the front is theirbar/snacks area, and the rooms are behind, so off the road. also along a little further are the SAILOR APARTMENTS. They are behind Cypriana's REstaurant, so again off the road, and I've heard good things - be aware we are talking cheap and cheerful SC here though :)

There's also the Portabello & Coralli which are right by the jetty where the windmill is - at the opposite end of the public beach from the harbour...not sure if they do SC or B&B, but contact Elena the owner via her website, and she'll be happy to help. They have a lovely bar/patio at the back and a pool too!

A few ideas to keep you going mate!

Glad you had a good time, and we'll see youo soon! I DID warn you it gets to you here :)

Eklektos

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selfcatering?

Thank you Lyneth, (are you Welsh?) I will be checking some of these out! I've also been reading about Olive Tree Apartments, TA reviews are good, do you know them?

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selfcatering?

....sorry Olive Grove, not Tree!!

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
490 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Selfcatering?

LOL Olive Grove is lovely! Very helpful staff and Julia is a gem!

There are Olive Tree studios here, which are completely different and owned by a different hotel...just refurbed, but the pics are a bit deceiving on here - the facilities are shown but belong to Elounda Residence...you have free usage of them, but it's up the hill.

I'm half Welsh - surname originally EVANS...Da was from Tiger Bay :)

Cheers

Eklektos

7. Re: Selfcatering?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 20:49
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,383 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Selfcatering?

Hi Angie

It's really not a good idea to put your emails details on an open forum...I would advise you to delete your post.

As this is a travel forum it's fine to post recommendations on this thread... :-)

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,546 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Selfcatering?

Going by Angie's reviews I am guessing the apartments she means are here tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g189416-d6484…

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Selfcatering?

I thought you must have some Welsh ancestry Lynneth, I live 10 miles away from what was Tiger Bay....now a beautiful area called Cardiff Bay! Do you live permanently in Elounda, you sound like the person to go to for local info?!

Get answers to your questions about Elounda
Recent Conversations