We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Which Elounda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Hi can any one help!!,

My husband and I have stayed at Hiona a few times, we know where it is, but our flight does not arrive until early hours on Wednesday morning 13th August we get dropped off at the Pharmacy on the top road. Now in an ideal world we would walk down the ginnel and take a right to the Hiona. But apparently the gate in the ginnel is locked at midnight, so how do we get down to the causeway other than go along to MAMS and down the steep road.

Has any one else been in this position. We booked through a travel agent but they built the holiday for us, so the transfer bus will not be a tour operator, and to big to get down onto the causeway.

Any ideas, anyone else been in the same position this year.

It would have been ok if Thompson had not changed our flight, we would have arrived at a reasonable hour.

HELP.

Vera

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Hi, the last couple of years they've been dropping people off on the top road by the cut through which skirts the olive grove and salt pan. We've some customers staying down on the causeway so I'll ask them and get back to you to confirm what happening this year. Patricia, Marios.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Just chatting to my friend in Elounda she sure it is openbut will double check with Manos. O will update you

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Hi, I've asked around and the bus still drops off by the pharmacy. The gate isn't always locked but sometimes it is. One couple staying at the Alikes had the coach drop them in the main square and Giorgos organised a taxi to take them down the causeway. You could ask Mano to do that for you if he can't be sure the gate will be open. Have a safe journey. Patricia, Marios.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Just got message that it shuts at 12 but they said that last year and it was open.just make sure the tour guide stays on bus or someone is meeting you at drop off.take a small torch with you

Edited: 28 July 2014, 18:08
newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Thank you very much, for reply. This is a nuisance as we are arriving about 4am. My husband has arthritis in his foot so we are not looking forward to the long walk around. Just hope that ginnel is open.

Thank You

Vera

newcastle
Level Contributor
55 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Hi thank you so much for reply, we will not have a rep as Dawson and Sanderson built the holiday for us, so everything was booked separate. I guess we will not need a torch as it will be starting to get light!!!! just hope that ginnel is not locked. Would have been ok if Thompson had not changed our flight time, we would have had time for a drink at the bar, but they put our flight back by five hours!!!!!

Thank You

Vera

Elounda, Greece
Level Contributor
184 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

I may be wrong and things may be different this year but I thought that Hiona could only be booked through Thomas Cook as a package, which includes a rep? You mention Thompsons and that everything was booked separately by your agent. I don't want to worry you but please check all your travel details because it would be an awful start to your holidays if you thought you were staying at Hiona and it turns out you're not! If you are right and Hiona can be booked without Thomas Cook flights, I'm sure many people will be happy to know!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

I also under same impression as fat as I know can only book through Thomas cook.will get in touch with Vista's And ask?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

Can you yell me how you managed to get the holiday built for you thought you could only go with Thomas cook/Manos holidays as a package??

Gloucester, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfere drop off for Hiona Appartments

We were there in May and it was definitely only bookable through Thomas Cook all residents were the same