We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self Serve Laundry

Which Heraklion hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
531 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Self Serve Laundry

Does anyone know of a Laundry where you can drop off clothes or launder yourself in Heraklion?

Thanks

LadyDar

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self Serve Laundry

There must be about 100 laundry shops in Heraklion, just ask your hotel which is the nearest for you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self Serve Laundry

Thanks for the info- trying to get by for 3 weeks with one piece of luggage means find a Laundry!

Darlene

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self Serve Laundry

Lady Dar --a Warning. Be sure to specify SELF-SERVE! Or at least a laundroMat place where you can personally drop off your stuff and TALK to the person who will be doing the washing, and EMPHASIZE your instructions (i.e, cold water only, low dryer etc). I have had ghastly experiences where a hotel said they'd have the laundry done -- they give it to some black-garbed mama who pounds it on stones or boils it on a stove... and destroys the no-iron quality and shrinks it 3 sizes.

There WAS a laundroMat right by or near the Planet International Bookstore, very near El Greco Park. I had stuff done there once, without aforementioned disaster.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
959 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self Serve Laundry

Believe it or not, I made it through a little over three weeks with one piece of luggage by hand washing my clothes in my room sinks. A combination of care clothes selection (light weight organic cotton tees are great), the Greek sun, and the balcony that came with almost every room had things dried in no time. Of course, one of the first things I did when I got home was a massive load of laundry. Then again, I'm no lady. :)

Susan

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
531 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Self Serve Laundry

Thanks all, for info regarding laundry.

Unfortunately both of the 'boys' insist on jeans and dress shirts even on vacation. With the severe weight restrictions on travel it means relying on laudromats.

One of our best travel experiences involved doing laundry in Sorrento with some Aussies with plenty of beer thrown in.

And yes, even Ladies have to return to several loads of laundry Snullr as my only faithful retainers at the moment are my pets!

Less then 4 weeks to go!

Darlene aka LadyDar

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Self Serve Laundry

Dar, at least make the "boys" wear their jeans 5 or 6 times before laundering. Back in the day, that's what we did. These days, we in US are so spoiled, we toss a polo shirt in the washer after a half-hour's wear... a hang-up will save a shirt for another day.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
959 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Self Serve Laundry

You are a lucky lady, Darlene; pets make the most faithful retainers.

Susan

8. Re: Self Serve Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 00:19