We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excel Airways

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Excel Airways

Has anybody travelled with the above airline, bearing in mind they are chartered?

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excel Airways

Hello.

I've booked a flight with Excel for a holiday later in the year. Never flown with them, but have seen a good review on 'Reviewcentre.com'. My sister flew with them last September, and had no complaints.

Milton Keynes. UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Excel Airways

Hi. Yes I have used Excel twice for the journey to Heraklion and have found it as pleasent a time as possible when being couped up in an alumium tube for 4 hrs! I did not order the food option but they offered it to my wife and I as a matter of course. They use wide bodied aircraft which is a two-four-two seating arrangement which is very conveient for a couple or family. Seats are comfortable with more leg room than some other charter companies and the aircraft usually fly according to the schedule. All the usual goodies are on offer but not forced on to you. Best of luck and I hope that this is of use to you

liverpool
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Excel Airways

Hello, I have travelled twice wth excel air', both times going to portugal.....both times, everything went well, and the staff were very helpful, as we were taking wheelchair passenger with us....would use them any time...hope this helps...

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excel Airways

Not personally but a friend of mine did, I'm sorry to report she was delayed by 5 hours on the way out but I suppose that could happen on any airline. The unkindest cut of all was that they were served a dried up breakfast (the flight was meant to be at 7am) for lunch, it had been sitting in the heated trolley throughout the whole delay!

Hanover, Germany
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excel Airways

Have a look at

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/excel.htm

Guardamar del...
Level Contributor
64 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excel Airways

Excel are probably the best chartered airline that I have flown with. Very good service, planes clean and adequate legroom for my 6ft 1in frame.

The inflight movies are usually good, and your own earphones will work in the socket, without need for an adaptor.

Crete, Greece
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Excel Airways

I have flown on Excel several times and everything was perfect. Flights depart very punctually, inservice is outstanding and seating very comfortable. You can't beat their prices...highly recommended. Keep in mind that meals are not included at the low airfares offered but they do offer you the option of onboard purchases for sandwiches and snacks.

East Kilbride, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excel Airways

My first flight with Excel from Glasgow to Corfu was 2 years ago. A nightmare! The Icelandic pilot informed us over the faulty PA system that he was unable to land as the plane's flaps wouldn't come down, but 'that he was consulting his manual and we may get a surprise'. The return flight was less traumatic.

Used the same airline between Gasgow and Zakynthos last May with no problems on the outward or return journey.

Kalo taxidi.

Get answers to your questions about Heraklion