We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Station / Airport

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Station / Airport

How far is the bus station from Heraklion Airport please?

Is there a regular shuttle bus from the Airport to the bus station - or is a taxi the only option?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Station / Airport

Hi there

The #3 bus service runs regularly from the Bus Station A ( on Koundoulitou St, close to the ferry terminals) to the airport.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 15:10
west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Station / Airport

Many thanks.

I assume that the reverse journey (Airport - Bus Station) is also regular?

Is Bus Station A the correct bus station to head off West (towards Chania?)

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Station / Airport

Hi again

Yes, it is. Buses depart from station A to all points west as well as other locations to the east and south. If you look at www.cretetravel.com/Bus_schedules it shows you where various buses depart from in Iraklion, i.e. from station A or station B

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Station / Airport

Many thanks.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Station / Airport

I found taken the bus, across town, to the airport took a long time as there was a lot of traffic. I'm not sure if this is the norm but just wanted to add you may need more time then you would think.

6. Re: Bus Station / Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Heraklion