We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

worcester
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

I'm trying to find a bus timetable from Heraklion Port to Heraklion Airport. We arrive at 7.30pm on Sat 25/8 and need to get the airport for 8.30pm to get a bus to Elounda. Does anybody know I don't seem to be able to find anything on the internet.

Thank you x

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,019 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

The bus station in the town is quite near the port. From there you can get a bus to Agios Nikolaos. I think by the time you get to Ag. nik. the last bus to Elounda will have gone, so you will need to get a taxi for that journey of about 12km.

There are no through buses from Heraklion town or airport to Elounda at any time of the day, and any buses from the port to Ag. Nik. will go through the airport. AFAIK there are no extra buses which start at the airport, certainly there have never been any in the past.

Timetables follow; they should update as the season progresses, but they have been a bit slow so far!

3rd one down, Her - Ag. N:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Ag. N - Elounda, 5th one. Please note this has not been updated since winter and there are more buses than this, but probably not as late as you want - you will need to check when you get to Ag. Nik:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

Hi there

Sorry if I've missed something here, but there's no need to take a bus to the airport in order to catch the Agios Nikoloas bus. The bus station is a short, level walk from the ferry berths and this is where the buses to Agios Nikolaos depart from. Yes, they go via the airport, but you don't need to go to the airport to catch it.

worcester
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

Hi Both

Thank you for replies and your help. I was going to get a bus directly from the port to Agios Nikolaos but like Steve says we will miss the last bus to get to Elounda and thought a taxi to Elounda would work out quite expensive. I think I can get a bus from the airport direct to Elounda with Travel Republic. Do the buses from the port stop at the airport and do you know how often they go? The only other option I have is to get the earlier ferry from Santorini at 3.10am and get to Heraklion earlier so that we can get the bus direct to Ag Nik then to Elounda.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

Loli, sorry if I'm being thick here, but if you are arriving in Crete at Iraklion's ferry terminal, why do you need to go to the airport to catch your bus to Agios Nikolaos when you can catch it from the bus station just down the road?

worcester
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

I know what you're saying and you're not thick! I'm just good at confusing everybody and myself!

If we get the bus directly from the port to Agios Nikolaos we will miss the last bus from Agios Nikolaos to Elounda. By going to the airport we can get a bus directly to Elounda with a company called Travel Rebublic. That way we can save getting a taxi from Agios to Nikolaos. Do you know how much a taxi would be though?

worcester
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

I meant Agios Nikolaos to Elounda...

7. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 July 2017, 22:02
8. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 July 2017, 22:02
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

Thanks Loli, I get the drift now. I would go along with npj and Steve's suggestion to just grab the bus from the bus station by the port, go straight through to Ag Nik, and then take a cab to your hotel in Elounda.

You'd still have to walk to the bus station from the port anyway regardless of whether you took the Travel Republic transfer from the airport, or hop on the direct bus to Ag Nik.

I don't know what the cab fare would be from Ag Nik bus station to Elounda, it's about 10 kms so I would think somewhere in the region of €15. The one way bus fare to Ag Nik from Iraklion is €7,10

worcester
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Heraklion port to Heraklion Airport

Thank you for your help. Any idea how much a taxi would cost from Agios Nikolaos to Elounda? It would be less hassle to go direct from the port as there are 10 of us including 6 children and quite a bit of luggage too! But you reckon you could arrange a transfer direct from the port to Elounda? would this be something you would have to do at the port or you could do online do you think? We could get the earlier ferry from Santorini at 3.10am and that would solve the problem as we would get there earlier when all the buses are still running..trouble is I don't fancy 6 grumpy kids and hours on a ferry!!

Thank you x

Get answers to your questions about Heraklion