We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
111 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Hi All,

My girlfriend and I will be travelling to Santorini from Crete in late June (on a Wednesday). Should we both ordering our ferry tickets in advance, or do the prices fall as we get closer to the date?

Thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,337 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Ferry prices are fixed. To save money you take conventional ferries at half the price, however on that route it's one per week, so you are stuck with an expensive summer only catamaran.

It is also cheaper just to stay on Crete which is also a much more varied destination and a lot more to see than Santorini. Again you save on ferries because the ferries direct from Crete(Heraklion, Chania) to Piraeus are the cheaper conventional ones and overnight.

Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

We are traveling to Santorini from Heraklion on a Monday September 1 2014. Are the Blue Star Ferries running or do we have to take a fast boat or catamaran. We could possibly leave on Sunday.

Advice welcome .

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

..it is way too early to be looking at ferry schedules for next fall;-) Although the route is a popular one and will be running during the tourist season which includes 9/1, would keep an eye out on the ferry sites as time approaches.. www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ Best to all.. and enjoy!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

There are no Blue Star ferries operating on the Santorini/Heraklion route. The only conventional ferry is the Prevelis (ANEK/Aegeon Pelagos Lines) running once a week, currently on Sundays but this may change.

Edited: 23 October 2013, 03:41
Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

I am coming to Crete in April, so am following this forum at the moment. Just thought I would post here because Santorini (in my view) is one of the most beautiful islands I have ever seen. You never tire of the view from Fira or Oia. The public buses from Fira are also excellent, and easily enable you to visit Oia, Kamari and Perissa for a day trip (or evening to Oia). There are lots of things to see and do - we spent 2 weeks there, and it remains my favourite holiday to date. We stayed in Perivalos (but would have preferred to have stayed in Perissa). Take a trip to the robust Santorini forum before you go.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

What's a "robust" forum? Just politely interested, that's all.

Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Any ferries from Heraklion to Santorini in November? do you need to book in advance or on the day? how much? and long the trip?...any you guys have the answers to my questions? oh why on a roll, anyone the email/website for Athens tourist office? many thanks...

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

In November there is only one ferry per week. No need to book ahead.

www.gtp.gr/RoutesResults.asp…

Edited: 24 October 2013, 15:14
Basildon, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Many thanks for your prompt reply my friend...do you know Athens` contact email/website,tourist information office off hand?

Emsworth, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ferries from Heraklion to Santorini; Changes in Price?

Hello GB from Devizes - Thankyou for your forum contributions which are very helpful. My 'robust' terminology means that the Santorini forum is a busy, lively one! Some forums are more robust than others!

Get answers to your questions about Heraklion