We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for Knossos Guide

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Cost for Knossos Guide

Can anyone tell me how much I should expect to pay for a licensed guide at Knossos? Thanks.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for Knossos Guide

Hi there

I have never used one as everything inside the site is well labelled in English and the guide book available at the kiosk is pretty good too. From what I remember, the last time I was there, one of the guides who was touting for business in French wanted about €15 but that was a couple of years ago. I'm sure someone here can give you a precise cost.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for Knossos Guide

If I remember correct we paid 30€ a year and half ago. Far out of season. I am a lousy haggler.

I would have preferred to walk on my own, but missis insisted.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,395 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost for Knossos Guide

Hi there

Yes I think it was around the 15 euros mark.....but I really enjoyed having the guide take us round she brought the site to life for me and although she had been a guide for over 20 years she was still so passiionate about the place :-) ... So I was another missis that insisted on a guide too :-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
42 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for Knossos Guide

Thanks all. With all the splurging I'm doing on this trip, another 15 euros is nothing. :-)

5. Re: Cost for Knossos Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Heraklion