We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

under the sun
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

We need to leave our car overnight at Heraklion airport on a week night. Somewhere safe and very close by. I'm told there's a car park just opposite the airport (on the road FROM Heraklion it's on the right). Is this secure/manned all night and what are the costs for overnight? Does it fill up quickly? We'll drop the car about 9pm shan't fetch it from the parking until about midday the next day. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

HI there

I have never parked here, but the car park does have a car park attendant, and yes the car park is easy to find, as you approach the airport, turn left and then at the mini road about take the second exit to the car park ( its just to the left of where all the car hire companies park their vehicles) sorry I don't know the overnight charge.

under the sun
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

Thank you, MG. I presume you mean approaching the airport from Heraklion, not from the national road offramp?

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,261 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

From the national road take the link road to the airport. Turn left at the traffic lights in front of the airport, go 100 meters then turn left at the roundabout.

Check it out on Google Earth.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
11,385 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

Hi again

Yes my directions are from the road once you have left the national road :-) ...isn't that what I said bongobongobongo??? :-) :-)

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,663 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

Hi

I have left my car at that car park a few years ago when there where no attentants at nights and no paying was nessecery if you'd pick it very late :o). There is a park attentant during the morning and afternoon I think, but I don't know now about the night. It is a municipal car park still I think. It has an automated service for tickets. I used it last time a couple of years ago, but I can't remeber the cost

Heraklion, Greece
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

you cant miss it. its exactly opposite the airport.

7. Re: Safe car parking at Heraklion airport - where and how much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24
Get answers to your questions about Heraklion