We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

We are currently in Crete, and have booked tickets to Santorini next Tuesday

Do we collect them from the port office ? And if so , how long should we allow to do this.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Crete
Crete
Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Michigan
Level Contributor
100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

When we inquired at our hotel the day before our ferry from Heraklion to Santorini about buying tickets, we were told that the office at the port only opens an hour before departure in the morning. We instead booked through a travel agent to avoid the risk of a full ferry. I do not know if you can pick up tickets before the day of the ferry or at other locations.

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
sydney,aus
Level Contributor
76 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

We have booked online for next month and the way I understand it is you go half hour before departure and pick them up at port office. If you are worried why not go the day before.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

You should be able to pick up the tickets before the date of travel from Paleologos Travel on 25 Augustou Street in Heraklion, as Paleologos are the central agents in Heraklion for both Seajets and Hellenic Seaways.

Mentioned in this post
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Level Contributor
216 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

If you have already booked your ticket, you don't have any worries. Just go to the port ticket office and pick your ticket up. I was staying near the port, so I picked them up the day before. That isn't necessary. Just go an hour before departure and pick them up. The ticket booth was close to the departure point.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

How long does it take to drive from Elounda to Heraklion and any recommendations of places to stay Around 30 minutes drive from Heraklion , on the road form Elounda. We have to catch the ferry from the port HEraklion to Santorini but want to visit Spinalonga the day before and need somewhere to stay that will get us easily into Heraklion to drop off car and get the ferry, thanks for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Elounda
Elounda
Crete, Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Toronto, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

I just did this last week. I bought Hellenic Highspeed 5 tickets to Mykonos (stops at Santorini along the way). The Hellenic website said to pick them up at Paleologos Travel near the Heraklion port. You can't find this agent on Google maps, but it's easy to figure out when you're there. The kiosk is literally directly in front of where boat is parked. The Highspeed 5 is a giant green boat. So just go to the kiosk and collect your tickets. I had another Hellenic trip booked for later in the week and was able to collect that too.

I also had a Bluestar ferry ticket for later in the week. There is a departures building with some shops about a 5 minute walk away from the boats. Inside there was an Anek-Superfast office -- I was able to collect my Bluestar ticket there.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Heraklion
Heraklion
Crete, Greece
Virginia
Level Contributor
195 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

Is Paleolous open Sunday morning? We plan to take a 9:45 am ferry Sunday 8/31.

portsmouth
Level Contributor
891 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

Ticket off ice is on the dock side. Don't worry , our taxi driver knew exactly where to drop us. Get there around 8-45.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

Kiosk was difficult to find, go along dockside to the left until see blue and red Hellenic seaways sign, about 200 metres from where ferry was moored today. Do not go opposite direction to the passengers building although there are toilets there if you gave plenty of time. Take your reservation number and allow enough time, definitely be at the port parked before 9am, and ideally be on board with your ticket by 9.

10. Re: Ticket collection Heraklion to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2016, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Heraklion