We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man with car doing airport runs!

Which Ierapetra hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kingswood, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Man with car doing airport runs!

I was given the name and number of an English guy (or possibly Welsh) who lived in Tertsa (which is about 12 miles from Ierapetra) who would run people to Heraklion airport. This was back in 2007/8 and he had a red/lime green Fiat Panda.

Unfortunately I lost his details!

Does anyone out there know who it is and could give me his mobile number please? Long shot I know

OR - does anyone know someone in the Ierapetra area who is doing something similar

Thank-you

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Man with car doing airport runs!

Hi there

According to your other post, you are arriving at Chania airport. Regardless, you have a number of options.

1. Taxi, hugely expensive

2. Hire a car, which you say on your other post that you don't want to do. But. for what the taxi would cost, you could rent a car for a week.

3. Take a bus (es), there's a direct service from Iraklion, or from Chania you'd have to change in Iraklion

4. Book something like a Resort Hoppa.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Man with car doing airport runs!

Just remember if you use drivers without licenses to make transfers on Crete are illegal and with the crisis, there is more control on the road, there are taxi drivers that look sharp for sneeking competition, ready to fight for their income. Use official transport or rent a car or local busses

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,619 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Man with car doing airport runs!

Can you be sure he is insured? What if........?

Use a transfer company like suggested above, Resorthoppa or Lowcosttransfers. I am on a squeeky tight budget, but would not consider something like unofficial transport.

4. Re: Man with car doing airport runs!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2014, 15:16