We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance festival , also disco noise

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St.Ives
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Renaissance festival , also disco noise

What is the festival like? Dates? What sort of music and dance, is it hard to get tickets?

Wishing to avoid loud thumping music, is any hotel recommended as quiet? Is the Ideon noisy or quiet?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renaissance festival , also disco noise

Hi there

I've never visited the festival myself, but if you Google "Rethymno Renaissance Festival", there are loads of links to let you see what the thing is about.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renaissance festival , also disco noise

The renaissance festival is mainly classical music, theater, poetry, writers and Cretan music. The main place is in the Odeon of the Fortezza or in the hall of the Neratze mosque. The Ideon Hotel is near the old harbor next to what we call the paserella, the renaisance places are away from this hotel. The passarella is the place where the students come for a drink and they sit on the terrace till late. As far as I heard, no guest complained about this situation, since the hotels has double glass windows and airco. If you want total peace, choose a place outside the center of the city, since its normal to have city noises here.

St.Ives
Level Contributor
236 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renaissance festival , also disco noise

Thankyou, do you know the dates for the Renaissence festival 2009?

I do not object to city noise, traffic and people, its that relentless thumping banging music, which ruined a holiday in Agistri, which I cannot stand.

Crete
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Renaissance festival , also disco noise

The Renaissance Festival 2009 takes place from 12th until 22nd of July.

The concerts focus on music from the Renaissance period - the town pays tribute to its Venetian heritage. Tickets are generally available on the day of the concert. Outside the town hall there will be a kiosk where you can buy them a few days in advance.

5. Re: Renaissance festival , also disco noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 05:04