We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire Pickup Question

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire Pickup Question

We've booked a hire car through Economy car Hire who have been great in the past and we've been given a pick-up address of the Rethymnon City office which is Adelianos Kampos 7, Rethymno, Greece, Sur Price Cars. They can't help me any further with finding out where this is.

Is this an address in the village Adelianos Kampos or is it a street in Rethymnon? can anyone help? Thanks very much

north shields
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

hi.

as far as i can tell,economy cars is an agent,sur price cars is a franchise,

so someone will have to tell you the name of the actual carhire company in adelianos kampos,which is a district just outside rethymnon.

sur price have an office in heraklion,you may have to contact them via their

website direct.

phildee

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

be carefull with car hire working solely with internet, use always licensed rental office with a real office on the island. Sometimes finding the cheapest results in the most expensive solution

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

Thanks. I have now contacted them and they will deliver the car to me free at Rethymno Port.

I use this agent because they are very good, they handle any problems quickly and are very easy to contact if there's a problem with the local car hire office, which we have found in the past. They aren't the cheapest by any way, but I'm happy with them.

The Wirral, UK
Level Contributor
297 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

Beware of Surprice Car Hire. We also booked via Economy Car Hire for pick up at Heraklion airport. No problem with meeting the representative, who took us to their car lot over the road from the airport. The car was old and battered and the worst hire car we have ever had. We had no choice but to accept as there wasn't another available. They even had the nerve to tell us it was an upgrade. I have written to Economy and told them and also to Surprice, but obviously it is too late now. Even though the car was battered, it did not break down, so I suppose we were lucky in that respect. I would not recommend Surprice for this reason. We noticed that another car being brought back at the same time as us, was in the same bad condition and this customer were not happy either. Had no trouble elsewhere with Economy Car Hire and we have used them in the past for Malaga airport, Palma airport pick ups. They are only brokers for other hire companies.

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,701 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

Thanks. I will contact them before I go and ask what they are planning to give us, so I can change if necessary.

6. Re: Car Hire Pickup Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 05:15