We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Because hubby and I are arriving at midnight, we were all prepared to drive to our hotel (Maravel hotel) just outside of Rethymnon, but having been looking at transfers as an easier option. I'm unsure which part of Rethymnon is right for us. And I'm assuming we would still need a taxi to get us to the hotel?

Can someone please advise so we can look at all our options and make any changes as necessary.

Thanks

Wrexham, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Hi, I think your hotel is in adelianos kampos ? We are also staying here and are landing just before midnight . Second week of june. We have booked a transfer from Heraklion to the hotel with holiday taxis ....

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

I should've said we land in at Chania. I'll have a look at holiday taxis. Thanks for that :-)

Trowbridge, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Hi TrueBlueAngel

What day are you flying ? My fiance and I are also flying out to Chania and going to Rethymnon - landing at 5 to midnight on Saturday 18th.

Have you figured out how you think you will get there? We were stumped and looks like a local taxi will be our only option as private pre-booking costs almost double...

Edited: 15 May 2013, 12:19
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Check out the dedicated transfer companies, you mention two in the title of your post here. Also check out Transfers4U and Travel Republic and there are others. They price per person so you'd have to do the sums compared to a regular taxi. If you DO decide upon a taxi, no need to book just grab one at the airport., there are always plenty waiting for a fare regardless of the time.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Thanks GB, but the problem with these transfers is they don't take you to your hotel and as we would be arriving in the night, that's why we have initially chosen to drive there ourselves.

Anyone know roughly the price to adelianos kampos from chania via taxi?

Sorry, should have said we are going Sept 14th landing in at 23.55 :(

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Hi again

Why wouldn't they take you to the hotel, that's the whole reason for their existence, they are transfer companies, airport to hotel. A taxi will cost around €90 each way.

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
317 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

That's what I thought, but I don't see an option to put your resort hotel into. However I've emailed one of them for advice so will see what they come back with.

wales
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

I will also be arriving at midnight . How difficult would it be to drive the distance to Rethymnon that time of night? Never been to Crete before but have a map and sat nav ;)

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

Hi all

I'm Kostas, taxi owner at Chania. So, some answers on the previous asked questions...

The Taxi fare from Chania airport to Rethymnon city is about 80 to 85 euros top, and to Platanes/Adele about 90 to 95€ top. That is by a legal taxi, using its legal taximeter. The distances are about 70 and almost 80 kms at each distination.

Now, as far as prebooking a taxi or not, it's quite simple: There would be taxis at the airport que for sure, so no need for prebooking if you're just afraid of not finding one there. But if you think about your own convinience about having one taxi prebooked, at a preset price of the mentioned before, having possible an english speaking driver and a clean, decent car waiting for you rather than just left it into chance by taking the first of the row (whatever that is, good or bad) and driving 70+ kms, then concering for myself, i would prebooked one. As long as i would pay the same price at a fixed rated service, why not choosing the better proffesional/provider of the service and instead leaving it in chance...but that just my way of thinking.

Now about the prebooking a taxi from transfer companies as Ro Mari said, in most cases they charge more or much more than the real price and what is just happening is that they send a local cooperative taxi to do the transfer. i don't see the reason of paying much more of the real price of a service to a third party, and in fact prepaying it with cancellation fees, etc.

About the coach transfers from that companies, TrueBlue, as GB said of course they leave you right at your hotel and not in the middle of the area. Unless, the chosen accomodation is a private address or a villa for example, right off the path of where a bus can go. So, unless you rent for a example a villa in adelianos kampos, 4 kms up the hill from the coastal area, yes they might not drive you there as it could be difficult for the bus/coach/mini bus to move around at a possible narrow road, etc. So as long as your accomodation is at a "logic" spot of the area, they will leave you in front of your hotel.

Anything else you need, feel free to ask or PM me.

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Using resorthoppa/a2b transfers

As far as they driving to Rethymnon at night, (hi hollowhaed), it isn't difficult to find your way, especially having a sat nav, as you said. All it takes is to drive down to Souda area where the nearest to the airport exit on the national road is, and from then on it's one "straight" line till you turn off the National road to Rethymnon. Signs guiding you down to Souda and on the National road are everywhere.

The tricky part is actually the night itself, as most part of the road isn't lighted. So, if you aren't discouraged on driving on night mostly based on the car's lights and almost total blackness around you, the only problem would be taking some more time than doing the trip at daytime, as you would go even slower and carefully.