We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali

Pinner
Level Contributor
254 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Bali

Hi. We are going to Rethymnon in August and are planning ahead. We like boat trips so any recommendations would be appreciated as would the cost and time taken. I have seen mention of trips to Bali so any info would be appreciated. We are going half board and with the problems with the Euro are a little worried about extra costs. Please let us know the price of a beer/bottle of wine (and recommendation for dry white there) and cost of eating out for say a steak/Kleftico etc. I know thats a wide range of possibilities but we try most foods and love meze. Is it easy to get to Chania by bus or would car be better? Lots of questions and will no doubt think of more but really looking forward to the trip and dont want to waste time planning when we get there. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,117 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali

<<I have seen mention of trips to Bali so any info would be appreciated>>

Bali is a small resort village, quite hilly with several distinct beaches. Worth a day out, certainly.

<<Please let us know the price of a beer/bottle of wine (and recommendation for dry white there) and cost of eating out for say a steak/Kleftico etc.>> Beer anything from €2.50 to €4 for a large Mythos/Amstel, more for imported or in a club. Steak from €15 for a decent one not a 'veal chop'! Kleftico - €8-€10. White wine - house wine is often very good, and usually €5 or a bit less for 0.5 litre. Bottled wine starts at about €10 or more. Meze - a typical meal of starters would be about €3 - €6 for each one, depending on what you choose.

<<Is it easy to get to Chania by bus or would car be better?>> Dead easy by bus:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

and the buses are actually comfortable air-conditioned coaches.

There is lots to see and do within an hour of Rethymnon, by bus or car. Have a look here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189421-i757-k53…

this is just a taster for some of the trips you could do.

2. Re: Bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon
Recent Conversations