We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

Hi

We are travelling to Crete in two weeks and have booked accommodation in a village above Rethymnon. (Agia Triada, near Adele).

I understand it is about 12km out of Rethymnon.

Is it difficult to persuade Rethymnon taxi drivers to travel out that far after an evening out?

And if they will make the trip how much should it cost?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

Hi there

They'll take you wherever you want to go, distance and location no object. It is a fair jaunt though so expect the one way fare to be in the region of €15-20. Bear in mind too that if you have a number to call in Rethymno for a taxi to come to Agia Triada to collect you, they will make a charge for that, usually €2-3, possibly a bit more seeing as it's quite a hike.

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

Good to know. Thank you so much for your reply.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

You're welcome, do agree the fare with the driver before setting off.

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

Hi

I can PM you a taxi driver's phone number who always work night shift, and he'll surely have no problem coming there. I contacted him to ask him of what the cost would be, but he must have been sleeping as he works at nights only. He'll call me later, and I'll be able to tell you.

5. Re: How far out of Rethymnon will taxis travel at night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 05:17