We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jo_an Palace Hotel

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stourbridge...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Jo_an Palace Hotel

Hi-My husband and I are booked into the Jo-An Palace on 2nd May. Is the hotel within reasonable walking distance to the harbour and old town area? Also. is the weather usually good at the beginning of May? Thanks in advance for help.

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

It's a very good location, close to the Municipal Park, the weekly market and stops for the city buses. It's less than 200m to the gate into the Old Town, and there's a good supermarket about 50m to the right of the gate.

You can cut through the side streets to reach the promenade, then turn right for the good beaches - they're closer than they are from the Old Town.

I can't help about the weather, but I suspect it'll be "variable".

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

Hi

Yes it is in a great location, for the old town and the harbour.

The supermarket exgeordie67 mentions is no longer at service. It shut down a couple of months ago, due to (what else) the depression. But there is a well stocked supermarket (INKA) directly oposite to the entrance of the hotel.

No guarantiees can be given about the weather. It is warmer day by day but we get a few showers from time to time like today.

Here is a link with live web cams of Rethymnon where you can check out what it is like every day: http://www.goodnet.gr/cam/ .

Surbiton
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

I'm sorry to hear about the supermarket closing. From our point of view, returning to the Old Town, it was very convenient. However, I'd completely forgotten the one on the main road.

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

Yes the owner had about 5 supermarkets and was shutting down one after another, untill he closed the last one too.

The rumors say that someone else bought it and it will open again. For the time being it's over 2 months closed.

It was convinient for me too, as I have my office close to that supermarket

Stourbridge...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

thank you very much for your help-looking forward to our visit!

6. Re: Jo_an Palace Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:16