We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding reception in rethymno?

Sheffield, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Wedding reception in rethymno?

Hi..

I'm getting married in rethymno next year, and need ideas for my reception.

Any recommendations would be much appriciated.

Thanks

Katie

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding reception in rethymno?

Hi Katie,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

When you say receptions ideas you mean you are looking for a place to host your marriage reception? How many ppl will be?

Sheffield, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding reception in rethymno?

Hi

Around 80-100, but 40 of those are children!..so I need somewhere that the children can play safe, and realistically like somewhere close to the fortezza so my guests don't have to travel very far. My father is from rethymno, so I do know my way around, but he doesn't live there anymore, we are coming over in August to get a few ideas.. But any other ideas are welcomed :-)

Thanks

Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding reception in rethymno?

There are not many places that can serve 100 people, have playground and be in town.

The closest in town I have been several times is Theartemis Palace (4*), which is by the hotel's pool.(It has no playground as far as I can remember) :

http://www.theartemis.gr/en/photos.php?pt=25

It is about 1,5 km from town centre.

A lovely place by the sea called Maistros, is the following:

www.maistros-inn.gr/en/2010-03-30-12-01-45 , but no playground, and I don't know if they host wedding receptions. You'll have to ask.

The main tendency of the locals is to go to the following which have great views on a top of a cliff, especially the 1st one, both 3km out of the town centre.

www.megaro-rethymno.gr/index.php…

and

http://www.pelagosrethymno.gr/

There is also a tavern directly opposite of the entrance of the Fortezza Castle that has a decent space of 100 guests and a small playground, that might be able to do a wedding reception. I can't remember the name but I'll get back to you to tell you, in a couple of days that I go by that street.

Edited: 12 June 2014, 17:18
Rethymnon, Greece
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding reception in rethymno?

Hi again

The restaurant opposite of the entrance of Fortezza is called Melina

5. Re: Wedding reception in rethymno?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Rethymnon
Recent Conversations