We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

Which Rethymnon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

Never travelled in August before So I am looking for somewhere to stay away from the tourists. (I am half greek so speak greek.)

I am totally confused where I should stay .

Travelling with my grown up daughter ,we just want a village resort which is not too touristy, not far from a sandy beach .

I have been looking at rethymon area at panorama

Makrigalos ?

Heck I am just sooo confused now.

Places I like are lucca perugia chania

Intend to book a few days from uk but will it be easy finding accomodation at this time of year once we are there?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

>will it be easy finding accomodation at this time of year once we are there?<

In August, that's unlikely. Book before you go, especially if you are particular about accommodation.

Nowhere is going to be "away from the tourists" in August, but some places will be quieter than others. I would think the Rethymno/Panorma area will be pretty busy, but someone will correct me if that is wrong.

Makrigialos is too far from Chania to be practicable for a week, but somewhere on the south west coast might be suitable. I'd suggest looking at Plakias, or Sougia, or Paleochora.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

Thanks for that. I have booked accomodation in Paleochora.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
66 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

Just to say thank you for your help, we absolutely loved Paleochora . so glad we booked ahead as it had been the public holiday on the Friday before we flew, so it was a bit busy !

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.

5. Re: Chania Flight booked now where to stay ?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 07:16