We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serifos - July

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
270 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Serifos - July

We will be spending a few days on Serifos in early July next year. I have had conflicting reports about whether or not it is advisable to pre-book accommodation. It's not something I generally like to do, preferring to turn up and see what's available. But I did read somewhere that Serifos accommodation can be in short supply during July/August.

Any advice appreciated!

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,845 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Serifos - July

Serifos is one island where I would never turn up without a booking as I have done so twice and ended up in accommodation that was not very good.

The island is close enough to Athens to attract weekend visitors in large numbers so much of the accommodation is already taken and also you don't find room owners meeting the ferries as you do on most other islands.

Greece
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Serifos - July

Early july is not that crowded yet, with the exception of the weekends of course. However you should have in mind that serifos has not that many hotels etc. so maybe it would be better to book at least for a couple of nights and then you could see what is available...I had bad experiences with serifos accommodation although the island is wonderful.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Serifos - July

I have been to Serifos several times, early July has been no problem with accomodation on arrival as hi-season does not really start until around mid-July, so late July I guess bookings would be just about essential.

The hi-speed catamarans now available make it more attractive as a weekend possibility for Athenians, so overloaded with one-nighters on Sat.

4. Re: Serifos - July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:19