We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how's the weather these days

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
how's the weather these days

We'll be traveling through the Cyclades, starting next Saturday, and I just wanted to get a sense of what the weather's been like these days. I think I heard that things had been cooler and a bit unsettled this month--but maybe that was another area of Greece. For those of you who are "on site", how are things shaping up?

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how's the weather these days

Micro-climate varies from island to island and even on different parts of same islands...

There is a mini-heatwave on Paros right now...

A great site to check weather in Greece is meteo.gr

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,297 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how's the weather these days

You can actually see the weather if you look at these webcams during Greek daylilght hours.

http://www.naxosisland.eu

parosweb.com/paros-webcams/parikia_port.html

www.chelidonia.com/index.php…

www.mykonos24.net/mykonos-town-webcam.html

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how's the weather these days

The last few days it has been sunny, with temperatures reaching the high 20s Celsius, and Bf 5 winds. In the above meteo.gr it is forecast that winds will drop, and by Thursday Paros will have temperatures reaching 37C. Beyond that it's impossible to forecast with any accuracy, but it is clear that summer is here!

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how's the weather these days

Ι live on Folegandros. Here, it's been very windy, cool at night (definitely need long sleeves), hot during the day with some days that are only warm, dry. It rained last weekend briefly, but not since. It's hot enough to go swimming in the sea but be sure to have something warm for the evenings.

Level Contributor
351 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how's the weather these days

37C Pretty toasty. I will definitely need to pack light, but will be sure to bring sweaters for evenings. I spotted some wind-blown flags on one of the webcams. My only concern is Meltemi since we'll be on the water for a few days. I'll be packing the seasickness meds, just in case!

Antwerp
Level Contributor
368 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how's the weather these days

I'm on Naxos right now...

It is warm (for some HOT) during the day...

It's now 22:40... and 29°C... definitely doesn't need long sleeves over here...

;o))

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how's the weather these days

Up in Chora (main town of our island, higher elevation) it's quite cool tonight - but down here in Karavostasis it's quite warm. We had dinner outside and wore very light clothes and are still hot. And they're saying it will be hotter tomorrow. But at least up in Chora (I was there an hour ago) it's still cool in the evening.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,503 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: how's the weather these days

Good idea to bring a sweater just in case, but if the weather stays like this you won't be wearing it! Unless, of course, you go somewhere where the air conditioning is cranked up too high. ;o)

Edited: 13 June 2010, 10:42
9. Re: how's the weather these days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 06:16