We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Liverpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Could anyone advise some accomodation in Donoussa & Schinoussa Preferably sea view (hopefully not expensive)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,834 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

We stayed on Schinoussa for 2 nights last June and stayed at the Iliovasilema Hotel. The room was large and cost us 30 euros a night which included air conditioning. Our balcony was tiny, just big enough for the small table and 2 chairs but the view over the bay was lovely. Some of the rooms did have larger balconies.

Unfortunately we didn't make it to Donoussa - that will have to wait for another trip.

Mentioned in this post
Schinoussa
Schinoussa
Cyclades, Greece
Liverpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Thanks Gemma

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Hello,

We booked this apartment on Donoussa for September: www.markouli-studios.gr/index.php…

The owner is very friendly.

I found these accommodations on Schinoussa, but didn't choose any of them, because the correspondence with the owners was too slow and difficult so we decided to visit Koufonissa:

http://www.grisposvillas.com/

http://www.lioliou-beach.com/en/index.html

www.schinousa.gr/site/index.php…

Mentioned in this post
Schinoussa
Schinoussa
Cyclades, Greece
Liverpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Thank you very much for your reply x

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

We stayed on Donoussa & Schinoussa just a few weeks ago.

Donoussa:

We stayed just behind the town beach(5 mins walk) in Firoa appartments, not really a sea view because their on the flat behind the beach but good accomodation. they have a web site.

The Iliovasilema restaurant has a series of quite small rooms mostly with sea views and one larger apartment.

Some of the accomodation with the best views are to the east of the port but be aware that these can require a steep walk up at the end of the evening or after a day on the beach.

Schinoussa:

I would recommend staying in the chora and walking to the various beaches in the day. The iliovasilema hotel is excellent with great views also the woman that runs this also has Annas rooms behind.

There are also other rooms in the village- Agna Dema is okay too.

Grispos rooms are on Tsigouri beach which means you dont have to walk to the beach every morning but if you want to eat in the village

in the evening you have a steep 10 min walk up.

I would advise against Lioliou unless you have a car or bike as it is miles from anywhere.

Finally a warning ferry strikes are now becoming a regular occurrence and effect all ferries coming form Piraeus, they mostly seem to strike on a Tues/Wed/Thur so beware! Note the Skopoletis appears to be unaffected by these strikes.

FD(swansea)

Mentioned in this post
Schinoussa
Schinoussa
Cyclades, Greece
Liverpool
Level Contributor
128 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Thanks very much for this information. I hope you had a good holiday.

Ferry strikes!! really?? oh no!! and how come they are striking on those days? I should be okay as I am travelling on a Friday. So getting back to Pireaus is okay then?

Did you have any problems?

Diane

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,679 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

If there are any strikes they will be announced beforehand. NO such announcements has been given now.

The reason for mentioning Wednesdays and Thursdays is that IF there is any strike they are most probably taking place on these weekdays.

Keep checking the Athens or Greece forums for any news about eventual strikes. Our local experts post news and update information as soon as it becomes available.

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
midlands
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

I have stayed at Markouli studios on Donoussa and can thoroughly recommend them. The views are just amazing, although as anything with such a view the trade-off is the uphill walk which is steep in parts but definitely worth the effort. The family are very friendly and were very quick to reply to emails etc.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
948 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

Diane,

We had a lovely holiday thanks. If you are still travelling to Donoussa I would book a room as there is not a lot of accomodation on this island to cope with the busier times of year.

When we were on Donoussa the Athens based ferries were on strike for 3

days (they were also on strike on a Wednesday during the first week of our holiday) but as we were travelling to Amorgos on the Skopeletis we were not affected.

FDswansea

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Amorgos
Amorgos
Cyclades, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Donoussa &Schinoussa accomodation

I have stayed on Donoussa many times. Markouli Studios are operated by Maria Markouli, who has other rooms besides Markouli Studios. Those shown on the website are up quite a steep path out of the village above the port. I've not stayed in them, so I can't comment on them internally. A torch would be useful, though, for evenings when there is no moon. Last year I stayed in some more of Maria's rooms that were even further up the same path. They were pretty new, and very good with a kitchen and a large terrace overlooking the sea. I've also stayed in a room opposite Maria's house in the middle of the village.

I've also stayed at Iliovasilema but the last time I attempted to, I booked by phone a day or two before but he was not at the port when I arrived (at 1 am), so I went to some other rooms with someone else.

I've also stayed with Maria Prasinou and at Voula's rooms. Voula's are near Iliovasilema at the opposite end of the beach to the port. If you don't want to climb up a steep path out of the village to Markouli studios, I would recommend Voula's (Tel: 0030 22850 51580).

Edited: 12 July 2011, 20:41