We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

POS flights / summer 2012

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
202 reviews
Save Topic
POS flights / summer 2012

I just talked to a nice lady who works at Olympic air about the summer flights to Naxos (A month before I was told that it would be possible to book a flight to/from Naxos in January 2012. Also, I bought my summer 2011 flight more than half a year in advance.).

She told me that the situation changed significantly in 2012.

At the moment it is not even clear which company will take care of the POS flights (and nobody knows about the frequency of these flights yet). She advised me to call again at the end of February.

Edited: 25 January 2012, 11:39
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: POS flights / summer 2012

Thanks for the info, MJ. That kind of makes planning a little harder. I wonder if the flights may be abolished completely.

We are making flight decisions for September based on arrival time and trying to catch a same day flight to Naxos. There are good seat sales on from Montreal with several airlines and my arrival time is one of the determining factors. Looks like it may not matter in the end, lol

Ah Greece........thank goodness we love her!

Jo

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: POS flights / summer 2012

Hi Marjan,

That does put things up in the air (figuratively speaking) again. ;o) I wasn't aware that PSO contracts were due for renewal already. In the past Olympic Air and its predecessor Olympic Airways always won the contracts because they were the only Greek airlines with equipment capable of landing at Naxos. Anyone wishing to bid for the Naxos contract will have to invest in Dash 8-100, ATR-42, or similar STOL aircraft.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,366 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: POS flights / summer 2012

There will be flights - just have patience and wait.

4. Re: POS flights / summer 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2013, 09:53