We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

Hi..We are a couple and will b arriving in Mykonos on a Wednsday in May and leaving Monday night from Santorini back to Athens. I dont think we will be doing much swimming because i hear the water will be cold. I wanted advice on seeing another island in the Cyclades for sightseeing and in terms of scenic beauty. Also what where to stay In Ioa with cladera views for about 100 euros or less.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

So you have 5 days. Given that travelling between Mykonos and Santorini will use up a large part of one of them, I wouldn't recommend visiting any other island unless you want to spend all of your time travelling.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,477 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

I agree with GreecemadUK. If it was me I'd spend 2 nights on Mykonos and 3 on Santorini.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
985 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

Regarding hotels in Oia, please read the link below, I had wrongly suggested there is little accomodation in Oia under 100 euro,s and Brotherlee corrected me giving a detailed list of such places..

Brotherlee may pick up on this link and can advise which of these have a caldera view but at least it is a starting point for you.(see point 6)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…36830830

mallorytown, ontario
Level Contributor
223 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

Ios is really close to Santorini. You can get rooms with great views overlooking Mylopotos Beach for a lot less than Santorini.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
480 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

I have to agree with GreecemadUK. Mykonos and Santorini is all I would do for that time frame. Two nights Mykonos and 3 nights in Oia, Santorini. Splurge as much as you can for lodging in Oia. One of the most if not the most beautiful place we've ever visiting. Last year was our first trip and we are returning again this year. It's that wonderful.

Olympic Villas was on our path into the village. Looked nice and it is in your price range with caldera view.

6. Re: Help with Cyclades Itenerary.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:16