We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
428 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

There are so many islands!

Can someone recommend a book that goes into the islands more, so we can decide which one/ones to visit? Something with good pictures. I like Rick Steves books, in general, as I find them easy to use. But he doesn’t have one for the islands, just the mainland. Thanks!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

Lonely Planet is fairly detailed for the islands, although I don't think it has many pictures.

Karen

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,151 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

The Greek Islands Eyewitness Travel Guide by DK Publishing is packed with full-colour photos, diagrams and maps. It offers a summary overview of all the islands on the tourist path and loads of information about travelling in Greece. But for more in-depth, detailed information, you would have to get another guidebook. This one is great, though, if you want to see what all the different destinations look like and get a general idea of the highlights at each location without having to do a lot of reading.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
428 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

Great! That’s just what I want, for my initial research. Thanks!

4. Re: Best Travel book for Greek Islands, to help decide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2013, 10:20