We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

I know that it is very unlikely, but, does anybody know whether there's a laundry (dry-cleaners, ...) at any of the islands in the Small Cyclades?

Edited: 30 June 2012, 17:20
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

I don't remember ever seeing a laundry on any of the Small Cyclades.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
377 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

No we have not seen any either.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

I didn't see any when we were on Iraklia and Schinoussa though it's 2 years ago since we were there.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

Thank you. We are starting our holidays on Santorini and then plan to visit Koufonisi, Shinousa, Iraklia and Donousa and in the end finish our holidays on Naxos. I am not very keen on hand washing my clothes. I may persuade one of the hotel owners to "rent" us a washing machine for a day.

UK
Level Contributor
304 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

Hi marjanjerman

We are on donousa now and I'm sure there's nothing here. There was a laundry service on katapola, amorgos a couple of days ago. I noticed it because it seemed like a great idea. I would recommend amorgos, (we stayed in aegiali) and it's only 1 hour from donousa, although I agree it's a bit far to go to get your clothes washed :-)

We are leaving donousa for koufonissi tmrw. I'll post any laundry updates.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

Thank you. Last year we visited Amorgos (and loved the island) and had our clothes washed and dried at the Barbara laundry at Katapola. It was very convenient if rather expensive (24 EUR).

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

i've used laundries on Santorini, Folegandros and Paros

However, I also bring w/me clothes I no longer wish to keep...

and as they are used, I throw them away...sock & undershorts too...

it lightenes my bad so I ma bring a few things back.....

Peter in Los Angeles

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

I returned home last week. There was no laundry on either Donousa or Koufonissi.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
102 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

Hey...I'd love to hear about your trip to the "small cyclades".

I've wanting to visit then, and had wondered if ferries ran at decent times..

Any info U can give would be great...hotels, prices, ferries, problems...

I know that sometimes your stay on an island is determned by when the ferry will arrive...and I really don't like having to travel late nights or very early in the mornings...but, sometimes there's no alternative.

Any tips/recommendationd would be greatly appreciated....

thanks

Peter om Peter in Los Angeles

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Laundry at the Small Cyclades?

If you are coming from Naxos, the Express Skopelitis sails daily except Sunday to most of the Small Cyclades at sociable hours. It only visits Donousa 3 times per week, though. Two other ferries, the Artemis and the Aqua Spirit visit these islands once or twice per week at sociable hours.

The only ferry from Piraeus is the Blue Star Paros which tends to visit the Small Cyclades during the night or very early morning when coming back.

The only one of these islands that has any hotels is Koufonissi. The others just have blocks of rooms, or studios.

Visiting the small islands is not a problem as long as you are prepared. There are not many shops, so you can only buy basic things. Koufonissi is the only one that has a pharmacy. I think every island has an ATM, but only one. Therefore I don't rely on them but take enough cash for my stay on a small island.