We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amorgos Report And Pictures

UK
Level Contributor
296 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Amorgos Report And Pictures

Hi everyone

We have just returned from a three week trip to Amorgos, Donousa, Koufonissi and Naxos.

I have posted a report and 42 pictures at the link below covering Part 1 (Amorgos):

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Cheers

Mark

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Very much enjoyed your report, Mark ... it brought back many fond memories of our own trip to Amorgos in 2009 (where we, too, stayed at the Yperia). Loved your wonderful photos, too -- what make of camera did you take them with?

Really a shame, isn't it, that the sea below the monastery is always so grey, cold, miserable and rough and the beaches wall-to-wall with people!

UK
Level Contributor
296 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Hi donnyb

Thanks for your comments.

We seem to be following in your footsteps. I'd seen your pics of Amorgos and the Yperia but I've also looked at many of your other contributions and pics over the years before visiting places (you always seem to get there first!!) including Milos (Santa Maria Village), Folegandros,Naxos, Sifnos and many more.

95% of my pics are taken with a Casio Exilim Pocket Camera with a few being taken on the iPhone

Best Wishes

Mark

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Great blog and photos, thanks for sharing. We loved Aegiali and looking at your photos has really made me want to go back! I hope you're going to do a blog for the rest of your trip as Donousa and Koufonissi are still on my list of islands to visit.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Ljubljana
Level Contributor
2,325 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

What a great report! We also enjoyed 6 days in Aegiali in July 2012. We specially loved the two remote beaches following Levrosos beach.

We also hiked a lot: a walk from Tholaria to Mykri Vlychada was really wonderful, we also loved walking from Arkesini to Ammoudi.

We visited Amorgos between Astypalaia and Santorini and the connections were more comfortable. We flew to Astypalaia, took a direct ferry to Aigiali and then the SeaJet from Katopola to Santorini.

UK
Level Contributor
296 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Finally got my photos sorted and uploaded. Donousa, koufonissi and Naxos blog this week:-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,502 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Really looking forward to it Mark :-)

Edited: 30 July 2012, 08:21
nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

Great report- brings back memories :)

8. Re: Amorgos Report And Pictures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2013, 10:17