We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Athens/Naxos/Santorini + ... ?

Amsterdam...
Level Contributor
10 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Athens/Naxos/Santorini + ... ?

Dear Tripadvisor users,

Together with my wife (we're both 32), we are planning to travel to Greece mid-July. In meantime, we have booked flights with arrival in Athens on the 6th of July and flying out of Santorini on the 21st of July so we have a total of 16 days to spend.

In our itinerary, we would like to include 2-3 nights in Athens, 5 nights Naxos and 3 nights Santorini which leaves 5-6 nights elsewhere. I know this is not a straightforward question but would really like to hear your suggestions about how to fill the other days. Have been looking at for instance (Anti)paros or Milos... another option could be to spend some extra time on the mainland. We're mostly interested in nice land/seascapes, dont mind spending some time on the beach but would also like to some opportunities for hiking, sightseeing, etc. No need for vibrant nightlife other than a few nice bars/restaurants.

Given the locations that we have already planned (although no accommodation is booked yet), what do you think would be the best addition to our itinerary?

Many thanks for your contribution,

Paul

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Athens/Naxos/Santorini + ... ?

Either Paros or Milos would be good choices. Paros is similar to Naxos, but on a smaller scale. And you could do a daytrip to AntiParos from there. Milos, on the other hand, has some of the most spectacular coastal landscapes I've seen anywhere.

You could also spend some time in Napflio - one of the nicer cities on Greece, and a good base for some great sightseeing...Mycenaea, Epidaurus, Nemea, Corinth, etc.

I've often ended my trips to Greece with a stay on Poros. Easy access to Athens, and from there you could easily visit other islands Hydra and Aegina in a day. From Poros, you could easily get to the mainland, rent a car and take in Mycenaea and Epidaurus.

2. Re: Athens/Naxos/Santorini + ... ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 05:16