We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros for 5 days?

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Paros for 5 days?

Will be in Greece in late June/early July. Have 5 days scheduled for Paros but wondering if this is too long & should we break it up and go to Mykonos, iOS, or Naxos or any other suggested island that is easily accessible between Santorini and Paros (because we fly out of Paros to Athens). Hope this makes sense.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros for 5 days?

Five days is not too long. You can go to Antiparos and an organized boat trip to Delos&Mykonos (they should be running some 2-3 days per week in end June/start July).

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros for 5 days?

This is a personal thing. I do not think 5 nights are too long on Paros, but answer depends on your traveling style and what you want to do/see on Paros. Ferries stop on Naxos and sometimes Ios so those islands could work along with Paros and Santorini... 2 islands in 5 nights is too rushed on my own exprerience though...

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros for 5 days?

I also agree 5 nights is not too long on Paros. By the time you have visited Parikia, Naoussa, Anti Paros, toured the rest of the island and been to the beaches 5 days is not too long at all.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros for 5 days?

Five days will be fine. If you want to see Delos/Mykonos, there is a day trip leaving from Naoussa. Antiparos is well worth a day, but also has round-island boat trips, leaving from both Antiparos itself and from Pounta, the Paros port. The boat trips are lots of fun, stopping at deserted beaches and include a BBQ lunch with wine and ouzo. :-)

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paros for 5 days?

Let me add to the previous post: Parikia is the main port for Paros, while Pounta is a small port about 15 min from Parikia by bus. Pounta is the port where landing craft-type car ferries depart for Antiparos, taking 7 minutes for the short crossing. :-)

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,355 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paros for 5 days?

Five days is definitely not too long since Paros has a lot to offer. I spent 3 nights in Naoussa in May and still didn't get to see/do everything in the area that I wanted to see & do. The previous time we went to Paros, also for three nights, we stayed near Parasporos beach and mainly saw that area plus Parikia (with a round-the-island tour that included stops at Piso Livadi, Lefkes, Naoussa and Parikia). That's two visits of 6 nights and there is still plenty for us still to see next time -- including Antiparos!

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paros for 5 days?

Five days is definitely not too long on this lovely island. I guess you will stay in Parikia where there is plenty to see but Naoussa is lovely and you must go there. Also a day for a round the island trip and maybe a day trip to Anti Paros is worthwhile.

8. Re: Paros for 5 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 06:18