My boyfriend and I are going to Greece Sept 27-Oct 6. We're planning to stay in Athens the first 2 days and then we'd like to spend the rest of the trip touring the Greek Islands. I've heard it's best to stay on an island or two and take day trips to the others so here's what I was thinking:
- Saturday AM: arrive in Athens, stay in Athens until Monday AM.
- Monday AM: Head to Mykonos, stay in Mykonos until Wednesday AM
- Flight leaves Sunday at 12:30pm so I figured we'd stay in Athens Saturday night to be safe.
So several questions on this:
- What is the weather like during this time?
- Will it be easy for us to get ferries/how far in advance is the schedule released?
- Where are the best places to stay on these islands if we want to be near beaches, restaurants/shop, but not in a noisy touristy area?
- Does this itinerary make sense? I have no idea how long the ferry rides are so not sure if it makes sense to take half day or day trips to Ios or Paros.
Any advice you could give would be great! We've never been to Greece and just want to make the most of our 8 full days there. we want a relaxing vacation and are most interested in beautiful beaches and eating amazing authentic Greek food! We've already booked flights so this is definitely the time we're going so no recommending other dates to go please. :)
Look forward to hearing your thoughts!