We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellenic Seaways

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
Save Topic
Hellenic Seaways

Rumour has it that Hellenic Seaways highspeeds and flying cats are going green!

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Does that they're fitting sails , changing the livery or running on bio fuel?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,629 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Or handing each passenger an oar as they board?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Well, it's too late for St Patrick's Day, and too early for April Fool's, but I understand we won't be seeing the familiar red Vodafone livery this year. We will have to wait and see, but in the meantime think Cosmote. ;-)

World
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Yes, Highspeed 4 is green: hellasforum.net/index.php?topic=7368.new#new

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Yes, I just saw Highspeed 4 on the Naxos port webcam. That new green colour will take some getting used to! ;-)

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Wow, it certainly looks different. I'm waiting for a picture of Flying Cat 4 to appear somewhere.

Edit: Someone's put some photos of Highspeed 5 on marinetraffic.com

Edited: 27 April 2013, 15:40
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hellenic Seaways

.... and Highspeed 4

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,426 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hellenic Seaways

You can see FlyingCat 4 on http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/ . Last I checked there were photos of both HS 4 & 5 on marinetraffic.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,091 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hellenic Seaways

The latest version of the timetable on Hellenic's site shows a major change for this summer - between 14 June and 1 September Highspeed 5 appears to be taking over from Flying Cat 4 on the Heraklion-Mykonos route and includes stops at Ios throughout the summer. The Highspeed Piraeus-Mykonos service seems to have been dropped and FC4 is running a variant of the old FC3 route from Rafina, but continuing to Koufonissi instead of Santorini. The changes haven't made it through to GTP or ferries.gr yet.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,967 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hellenic Seaways

Interesting.

It looks as though the 2nd service of the day from Piraeus to Ios and Santorini has also been dropped.

There are going to be a lot more opportunities to get from Rafina to/from Paros, Naxos etc this year. Seajet 2 is running a service from Santorini to Rafina and return most days and Blue Star Itahki is running a service from Rafina to Ios.

I wonder if Aegean Speed Lines will take up Piraeus to Mykonos with Speedrunner 4. They are using Speedrunner 3 down the Western Cyclades and I don't think they used it at all last summer.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 21:33