We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini in August

Brighton UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Santorini in August

We (me, my partner and 10 year old daughter) are travelling to Santorini from Antiparos and then on to Crete in August. We are not sure whether to stay for just one night or to book 2. Our uncertainty is about just how crowded and expensive it's going to be and whether we will get to see the caldera and get a feel of the place in so short a time. Any suggestions. We have to visit during August because of school and jobs.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini in August

As you are from the UK i would say miss Santorini entirely. Crete is a much more varied destination with a lot more to see, better beaches, scenery, choice of places to stay.

With direct flights from UK you can always do it another time combined with other Cyclades.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini in August

If you are on Antiparos and want to get to Crete, you can take FlyingCat 4 from Paros directly to Heraklion. That's the same ferry you would likely be taking from Santorini, anyway.

Antiparos will be crowded in August as well.

3. Re: Santorini in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17