We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Hello! My boyfriend and I will need to travel from Mykonos to Thira on Friday June 21st. We are willing to pay more $ in order to get to Santorini the fastest way possible. There are 2 highspeed ferries that day..one being Hellenic Seaways (HIghspeed 5) and the other is Sea Jets (Super Jet).

When booking on the Hellenic Seaways Website its said the following:

Passenger 1 Whole Berth/Seat

Passenger 2 Whole Berth/Seat

Berth/Seat: Passengers will share the cabin with other passengers of the same gender.

Does this mean I will be seperated from my boyfriend?? Ive never been to Greece so you can imagine im pretty confused...anyone out there that can explain?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

No, that is a standard booking term for overnight ferries with cabins. You will be in a lounge with numbered seats, and can sit together.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

phew! ok thank you!!!

do you prefer one company over the other? Is one more reliable?

Also, besides getting a courier, is picking up your tickets at designated travel agencies the only way to get your tickets? none of these companies with email them or have them available for pick up at the port?

Essex
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Highspeed 5 is much larger than Seajet 2 and hence will give a much smoother journey if the sea is rough, and is also a little more reliable.

Other recent posts on similar topics indicate that it's possible to pick up the tickets from a koisk at the port.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

I would go with Highspeed 5. Book your tickets through the Hellenic Seaways website. When you complete the booking you will be given a reference number which you bring to a Hellenic Seaways agent on Mykonos, where the actual tickets are printed out. The seats are in rows rather like an oversized airliner. You can get up and walk around, and even go to the outside deck at the stern of the ship when it is docking at the ports.

That "share the cabin with other passengers of the same gender" only applies when you book a bunk in a shared cabin on overnight trips. :-)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

thank you for your help guys!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
11 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

HI there, Heimdall, I have been reading about Hellenic Seaways on several forums and you have been so helpful. What happens to luggage when you are on these cats? ie. going from santorini to mykonos on business?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

For Highspeed 5 there is a luggage storage area on the car deck near the ramp where you board the ferry. You can leave your bags there, but bring valuables, passport, etc with you to the seat. Passenger-only catamarans have luggage racks near the boarding ramp.

Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Hello there!

My husband and I are looking to travel from Santorini to Crete by Hellenic Seaways. Would your advice be the same for that route? We'd love to try to ferry instead of flying but there are so many mixed reviews.

Thanks for your help.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Hi Elaine,

Generally speaking, with ferries the larger the better. You don't say when you are travelling, but if Highspeed 5 is still running that would be my first choice. At the end of September Hellenic Seaways switches to FlyingCat 4, a smaller catamaran, for that route. Until the middle of October Sea Jets has a 3 days/week service with Masterjet or Megajet, both large catamarans. There is also a large conventional ferry departing early morning every Saturday. After the end of October the only ferry will be the weekly conventional one.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 17:21
Baltimore, Maryland
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hellenic Seaways Terms & Conditionss??

Thank you so much! You're a wealth of knowledge.

We are leaving the last week of Sept. When I go on their website it says it'll be a Highspeed 5. Do I pick up our tickets at the port?

Another concern is safety. Have you ever had problems with luggage?