We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milos, Paros, or Naxos: May 2014

Long Island City...
Level Contributor
21 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Milos, Paros, or Naxos: May 2014

Hello everyone! I have been reading everyone's posts and have gotten some great advice! I will be in Santorini for 4 nights mid May and then want to travel by ferry to a second island for 4 additional nights before flying back to Athens. I will be with my boyfriend, we are mid to late 30s and New Yorkers. We want to go somewhere that is a nice contrast to Santorini and would like to stay on the beach but walking distance to a small village. We aren't big into nightlife but love a nice taverna, wine bar, etc. And a beautiful sandy beach would be nice!

Many people suggested Milos (including Greek relatives) but then I heard in May it's pretty slow and the public transport in less than satisfactory. Naxos seems to have some big fans but the photos don't seem to give it much justice. Paros looks quite lovely to me and people say you can take a quick ferry over to Antiparos for a day trip. I'm certain we will have a lovely time wherever we end up but would love some feedback from people who have been to all three.

Or should I forget those islands and head to Old Town Chania in Crete? HA! Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Milos
Milos
Cyclades, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Antiparos
Antiparos
Cyclades, Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,396 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milos, Paros, or Naxos: May 2014

I guess it isn't much help to tell you that all three of your island choices are good ones and you won't be disappointed with whatever your choose.

Having said that we do love Naxos. It has a great main town topped by a Kastro a waterfront promenade and a beach adjacent to town so you can do both beach and town activities easily. Naxos also has lovely mountain villages and very good beaches along the west coast.

Chania is also a very good destination. It is probably one of the prettiest cities in Greece. Four days would give you enough time to appreciate the town and do a day trip somewhere.

I hope my pictures of Naxos do it justice.

Trip around Naxos

flickr.com/photos/…

Naxos Town

flickr.com/photos/…

Chania

flickr.com/photos/…

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Kastro
Kastro
453 Reviews
Naxos, Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Naxos Town
Naxos Town
Naxos, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,743 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milos, Paros, or Naxos: May 2014

To add information about Naxos look up donnyb's great blog:

mygreecetravelblog.com/2014/…

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
3. Re: Milos, Paros, or Naxos: May 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 06:18