We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

Any ideas how long it take to get through the airport (end if may)? I have about hour and half from flight landing to the ferry to Ios....I'm not convinced will make it! Thoughts/ideas welcome.

Mentioned in this post
Ios
Ios
Cyclades, Greece
UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

I've done it in considerably less than an hour, so it is possible. The two things that will prevent you catching the ferry are that the plane could be late or you might have to wait too long for a taxi. In May you shouldn't have any problem with taxis. It's not guaranteed so you will need a backup plan.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,498 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

It's possible but chancy, not much has to go wrong. Plane a little late, baggage reclaim lengthy, taxi can be a wait at Mykonos Airport.

It seems you have the one chance at 14:45/14:55 or so.

The Plan B would be to stay on Mykonos 1 night. To save on a heart attack just book 1 night on Mykonos.

I've done that several times but going from Mykonos to Syros and Paros on a similarly timed flight.

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Syros
Syros
Cyclades, Greece
Paros
Paros
Cyclades, Greece
Essex
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

I assume the boat you're planning to catch is the Seajet. It's on a long trip visiting 6 islands between Piraeus and Mykonos, so unless sea conditions are very good it's likely that it will be at least half an hour late by the time it reaches Mykonos.

Edited: 24 March 2014, 09:19
Mentioned in this post
Piraeus
Piraeus
Piraeus Region, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
4. Re: how long does it take to get through airport at mykonos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2015, 05:16