We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

Summerland, BC...
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

We will be in the Cyclades for about 3 weeks in May. We want to visit islands that are more scenic, unspoiled, and traditional and have good beaches. We aren't interested in fancy resorts, night life or shopping. We are in our 70's, active, love to walk. We have been to Santorini and Crete - loved them both. On this trip we start in Mykonos for 4 days and haven't decided which islands from there. Milos, Sikinos and Amorgos look interesting. Also is there a good internet source of info on the ferries?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,597 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

Hi,

A good internet source for ferry schedules:

http://www.gtp.gr/

Aside from the islands you mention do read up on Kythnos. It is one of my favourites for walking and it certainly isn't full of fancy resorts. I am sure you will enjoy Amorgos !

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
824 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

Naxos, Paros, Antiparos, Ios, Folegandros the list goes on! Sikinos may be very quiet that early though.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

If you like traditional look at Tinos. I found the island to be almost magical, with its intense religious aura (it's home to one of the most revered icons in Greece), its multitude of dovecots and its unspoiled villages like Pyrgos and Volax. Plus, it's only a half hour or so from Mykonos.

Tinos: https:/…

And yes, Naxos and Paros are also great choices.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
678 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

Another vote for Tinos, it's beautiful.

www.gtp.gr

www.openseas.gr

Edited: 30 March 2014, 13:36
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
906 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

i agree that Sikinos will be very (too?) quiet in May. It is a good time to visit Paros and Sifnos. Sifnos is accessible directly from Paros normally on a Sunday and Tuesday. You can go on from Sifnos to Milos on frequent ferries, including the Sunday and Tuesday ones.

6. Re: Which islands in Cyclades? Ferry schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16