We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

islands that still have plenty open in early October?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
islands that still have plenty open in early October?

Hi all -

My fiance and I are planning a Greek islands honeymoon, the first two full weeks of October. I understand that it's low season so some things will be shut down by then. We're actually excited for the quieter version of the islands, since we're not clubbers or party people (though we definitely enjoy late dinners/drinks). However, I want to make sure that we hit islands that do still have a variety of shops/restaurants/cultural sites open. We're considering 3-4 days in each of the following: Mykonos, Paros, and Santorini. (There are other places we'd love to go - Rhodes, Crete - but we don't want to spend a ton of time traveling between each place.) Does this sound like the right combination of islands for both variety and to still have options in October? It's a honeymoon, so we don't mind quiet, but we also don't want deserted.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

I'd also love recommendations for where to stay on those islands, if there are places that would be better than others for what I'm looking for!

thanks again!

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

I've not been in October, but I should imagine it's very quiet indeed. Mykonos and Santorini will still have some tourist activity because the cruise ships still call. One thing to bear in mind is that after 6th October you can't get from Mykonos to Paros or Santorini because it isn't a year-round route. You would have to go via Syros and probably spend a night there.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

Thank you very much, GreecemadUK. i hadn't looked too far into ferry schedules yet, and didn't realize it wouldn't be a direct route. Clearly I need to look into this ASAP!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

There is no problem going from Mykonos to Naxos or Santorini, Seajet 2 is daily until 28 Oct. Direct to Paros until 20 Oct, Paros <> Naxos is daily as always.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
31 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

thanks Retired_Hippy! appreciate your help.

6. Re: islands that still have plenty open in early October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2015, 05:15