We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Topic
more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

All seem to be on the hills and we wich to wake up to the sweet sound of the small waves breaking on the golden sands...

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Nothing on Roukounas beach or Katsouni

Klissidi there is a small taverna as you leave the beach for the road, not sure about rooms though.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
949 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Nothing on Roukounas beach or Katsouni

Klissidi there is a small taverna as you leave the beach for the road, not sure about rooms though.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

thanks so much.

Any scooter rentals there?

Any island in the area with budget hotels or B&Bs on the beach?

I really appreciate your help as we are a bit lost with Sinai becoming a less inviting chill out place recently.

Raphael

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

I wouldn't go to Anafi if you wnat to stay by a beach. There is one place at Klissidi beach but apart from being by the beach everything else that you will want: shops, bars, restaurants - are all in the Chora at the top of the hill so you still have to get up there. In Anafi it's better to stay up in the Chora and use the bus to get to the beaches.

If you want to stay by a beach I would suggest you go to Koufonissi if you want a small island: there are some rooms at Finikas beach and other rooms clustered round the small beach at the port. If you want a larger island I would suggest Naxos - you can stay near Aghios Georgios beach or at Aghia Anna or Plaka - it depends how near or how far away you want to be from the town.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
476 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Koufonissi
Koufonissi
Cyclades, Greece
Finikas Beach
Finikas Beach
174 Reviews
Koufonissi, Greece
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Dear GreecemadUK, your reply has helped me a lot. I will look at the islands you suggested and find out more. In Anafi, can I rent a scooter?

Have a beautiful day

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

You may rent a scooter or a car at Panorama rooms/car rental in Chora. A local bus takes you from the port to Chora and from Chora to the beaches. There is a taverna at the beach Megalo Roukounas, problably with a few rooms to rent. Do not stay in the harbour if you want to wake up by the waves. You will only hear the power-plant running all day and night. In my opninion it is best to stay in Chora. This is where you find the tavernas and the people in the evenings.

Naxos and Koufonissi are very different from Anafi. Anafi is kind of an island for the special interested. Naxos is for everybody and every interests. Koufonissi are for swimming and relaxing.

Mentioned in this post
Chora
Chora
476 Reviews
Amorgos, Greece
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Koufonissi
Koufonissi
Cyclades, Greece
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Thanks so much, very helpful advices.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

Oopsie, just noticed this thread which supercedes the ont to which I replied.

In any event, I agree with Periscope - Anafi is a thing unto itself.

I love the place, six weeks to go and counting...

9. Re: more specific - are there any B&Bs on beaches in Anafi????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 00:17